Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has swirls all over the paint and it bothers the **** out of me. You can't see it unless it's up close but its so annoying. I want to be able to detail her and take care of the paint properly. It was a super tough decision to even wrap her because I love the grabber blue, but I think it would still look sick all blue, no striping. I would be able to wax her, seal her, buff her, polish her, soap her, pressure wash her, shampoo her. I know SON1C would certainly approve as well as all the other detailing guys. I don't want to put black stripes on her because it will look too much like a standard Shelby GT500. I think going clean with all blue would look sick with the body kit and hood. I want some opinions on this. I have until March really so it's no rush. Just going to hire the same company that wrapped it to take off the wrap and just have the paint corrected to match everything.

Here's a pic of the car mostly blue after I swapped on body kit. Looks pretty good IMO.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Didn't even read the thread yet. Do it. Grabber blue is the sexiest color.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
I think mattel is the new fad. Dude I have seen about 5 wraped cars since yours.

Take the wrap off, paint your side skirts and rear defuser and your good to go.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think mattel is the new fad. Dude I have seen about 5 wraped cars since yours.

Take the wrap off, paint your side skirts and rear defuser and your good to go.
Good idea. What keep the splitter back though right? Blue would look stupid. Maybe I'll get some CF parts...

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Hell yeah man. Black or CF lip with side skirts and rear end! I'm getting wood just thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I say loose the wrap. But then I'm sorta biased.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I don't know you yet, but I can say before I joined the forum, many of my friends used to share your car pictures on facebook. Its obvious your ride has a unique character bro, many people might hate the idea of wraping a car but despite this fact, your car looks sick! specially at night those halo lights with the glossy blue stripes, they look mean and sharp.

Removing the wrap will make your car look like a standard grabber blue with a GT500 body kit, and Swervo has something like it (color combination wise). So IMO going back to stock color is one step down from being unique (I am not saying it won't look good, but you will lose your character).

I vote for keeping it the way it is, some detailing will do the job, or plan something unique and new, and you have my vote for ride of the year/month :)

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand it won't be the unique car that it is now, but I want to be able to enjoy my car. I want to be able to care for it and clean it. I want everyone to like it. Not some people love it and some hate it. I got bored of the matte black. It doesn't have that wow effect on me anymore. A freshly waxed car will FOREVER impress me and others. Guess I'm just playing devils advocate right now but I still want to hear more people's opinions.

Edit: Besides, I feel like I'm too young to have a car that flashy. I can't enjoy it like I should. I have to park it in a garage when I go out to the city. I worry about it when I park it at work in the driveway. I can't sit still if I ever have to park it on the street. I've had people leaning on it taking pictures sometimes. It drives me crazy. It's also my DD. Maybe once I'm older and making more money I can afford to make it stand out and be super unique again but I feel like I want to be able to just enjoy her. I spent $74 on parking last weekend in the city. That's more than I spent on drinks that night. Kind of sad...

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I got your point, you hate being a star lol, but I really realllyyyy doubt that people will stop taking pictures and place finger prints on it! grabber blue is till unique, and with those sexy wheels damn man you will never stop that.

I park my car in the basement at home and work, I clean it everyday (yes every single ****in day) yet won't stop dents and scratches to appear, when **** happens it happens lol.

At the end of the day you wanna be happy, you said it right, you want a car to enjoy it, and the way you enjoy is the best color; no matter you have it in blue or pink! And I would be more than happy to give you opinions, I love your ride.

EDIT: I pay 200$ a month to park it in a safe parking

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I say go back to stock or go all the way, just get the car painted matte black/etc.

the way it is now with the blue door jambs (& I'm shure under the hood/trunk) is killing the look of the car IMO.

the car is nice, but looks half finished.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Why not paint it matte black and then get grabber blue stripes? It will look the same but youll be able to take care of the paint properly

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Matte paint is extremely expensive as well as taking care of it. Still can't wax or polish it. It's very delicate. Much more so than a vinyl wrap. A little bird **** on the car for over 24 hours will kill the matte clear and ruin it. It will have a satin finish. A good paint job alone with cost around 9k. With the engine bay as well, I could make a down payment on a 2013 GT500. Makes no sense to spend that kind of money on a paint job that will be a pain in the ass to protect and keep clean.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
i absolutely love the tiny little tease of a pic of your car in the stock g/b paint. it shows your hood, grille, etc alot better. hell even the wheels look better. go back to the grabber blue dude. that color is'nt common at all on the streets. i've only seen a couple and it does it's job. it grabs you, lolol. sick color. get your paint correction skills up to par and stay grabber blue :) my .02

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I say go back to stock or go all the way, just get the car painted matte black/etc.

the way it is now with the blue door jambs (& I'm shure under the hood/trunk) is killing the look of the car IMO.

the car is nice, but looks half finished.
I must agree. Lose the wrap or paint it matte. If it was mine I'd do all GB with some chrome wheels, black or cf splitter and spoiler. Everyone does black wheels with GB, IMO chrome would look badass.

·
Registered
23 Posts
is that the plastidip or a wrap? and how much was it?
I'm looking at going matte black as well, just looks awesome and different.
And like someone mentioned in a previous post, I've seen your car pictures out there before I even joined these forums. Its actually the main reason I am considering plasti dipping my car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts