Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i gotta few buddies that have foxs and they seem to run great and there carb i was just curious how hard would it be to switch from efi to carb? im sorry if their is a 1000 threads. my long term goal for my car is just drag only whenever i get a 2nd vehicle . what are all the required parts? and im wanting to make it run mid 12s or low 13s i can run 100-150 shot if that helps lol.

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wait why would i be crazy? im not just saying a carb and intake and spray will make me do that but aint a carb car easier to use and best for a drag car? its cheaper

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
No, not really, and no.

Don't get me wrong, I love carburetors, but to run 12s is stupid easy, and you're already injected, so how would a carb be cheaper? It's free to stay the way it is. To go carb you need an intake, distributor, carburetor, ect.... How's that cheaper? There would be 0 benefit for you to change.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
No, not really, and no.

Don't get me wrong, I love carburetors, but to run 12s is stupid easy, and you're already injected, so how would a carb be cheaper? It's free to stay the way it is. To go carb you need an intake, distributor, carburetor, ect.... How's that cheaper? There would be 0 benefit for you to change.
Too...... Much..... Login..... OWWE

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im just under the impression of how much easier it is to work on because fuel injected ill have to buy intake manifold which is usually more expensive than the carb intake manifolds, fuel injectors, maf , throttle body and bigger fuel pump and junk. i just like how clean a carb car looks and they seem to be best as a race application. it seems like i never see fuel injected cars as the "big" drag cars

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
wait why would i be crazy? im not just saying a carb and intake and spray will make me do that but aint a carb car easier to use and best for a drag car? its cheaper
What defines a "drag car"? Just asking...

You have EFI. leave it. It would cost you money to convert to a carburetor...

EFI is stupid easy to use to go 12..Just bolt ons and a 125 shot will make you go 12s if your suspensions ok. What do you need to do that you weren't going to do with a carb? With nitrous you need to adjust fuel and timing... Like a carb.

Otherwise you don't need to do anything for that small of a shot on a stock motor. No harm if the tune for the spray is good.
Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
If you're going to get another daily driver, why don't you just keep your car the way it is as a driver & pick up a 4 cyl. Mustang to make into a carbed drag car! You can find them cheap!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Changing a few delivery system wont yield any hp gain. Just put the carb swap out of your head and spend your money on some thing else.

You say you like carbs, but why ? They can be just as hard to tune if you dont know what your doing.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Than why ask? Don't get pissy if it's not the answer you were looking for. Fuel injection is more adaptable also. Most serious drag racers that run carbs have to walk around with a screwdriver in their pocket as the weather changes. There are more benefits to fuel injection than you are really seeing I think. Why do you think there are guys modifying carb intakes for fuel injection. What part of fuel injection are you having to constantly mess with that you wouldn't with a carb?

·