Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've always wanted a bike ever since I was little! I seen this from just window shopping & I think the paint job is what is making me want to purchase it. I know the sales guy & said he give it to me for $7,000 cash.

What do you guys think, it'll be my 1st Sports Bike, I was going to grab my brothers R1 but everyone recommended against it & I took the advice, so here's what I'm thinking about getting

Also, I want a bike because I want to ride, not to look cool or show off trying daring stunts.

I used to draw hundreds of this as a kid on paper :)

I want something to do other than my mustang.

Opinions?

2011 Yamaha YZF-R6

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
He's hitting you right between Low and High retail book price. Is that 7k including taxes, registration, out the door or no? As for the bike, not a bad first bike choice.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
My R6 was my first bike. Good choice.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Don't know much about yamaha, but is that a stock paint scheme? if not, I would avoid it. You ARE going to drop it. Custom paint is a bitch to match again and it will cost a fortune.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was 7k not including registration etc.

I believe it is a custom paint scheme, so maybe I'll steer clear of it...

I found a 2007 R6 w/ 4k miles on it for $5,000... I may decide to go with that... Is that a good price?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
there is always a risk in buying a used bike cause your life is on the line with every machine you buy. i would bring an experienced friend with you to take it on a good ride to make sure everything is right. with that being said a cheaper bike could be a better choice in case you decide riding is not for you, or you drop it learning to ride.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Not my style of bike but Yamaha make a quality product. I've have owned two Viragos in the past, a 750 and an 1100. I didn't have any problems with either. I liked the shaft drive.

But I have to agree with Stal. That doesn't look like a starter bike to me. If you've not ridden before you might want to get something less expensive and then trade after you get some experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts