Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was thinking i could get a few more pounds off the car by taking the rear sway off has anyone else done this or is this a no no

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the rear sway bar may or may not help you, it pretty much depends on you susp. mods.

I don't run one, but I do have an air bag in the r/r spring to help straighten the car out.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rear sway bar may or may not help you, it pretty much depends on you susp. mods.

I don't run one, but I do have an air bag in the r/r spring to help straighten the car out.
hmmm well i guess i could take it off and see if it has any effect. im running lowering springs in the rear. when i took the front off it did not really hurt how the car drove. only around curves at high speed (body roll) but it did help the nose come up at launch

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
if your looking for better traction & just a better reacting car at th track in general, the first thing to do is loose the lowering springs, they are hurting your more than any swaybar removal/etc trick will help you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your looking for better traction & just a better reacting car at th track in general, the first thing to do is loose the lowering springs, they are hurting your more than any swaybar removal/etc trick will help you.
Think I should go back to stock like I did on the front and cut 1 coil I almost did that and then I read somewhere that a stiffer spring in the rear is better so I just left the lowering springs on the rear I have been real happy with the new front stockers

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Think I should go back to stock like I did on the front and cut 1 coil I almost did that and then I read somewhere that a stiffer spring in the rear is better so I just left the lowering springs on the rear I have been real happy with the new front stockers
Start with half a coil. The idea is to have the front and rear mounting holes for your LCAs exactly parallel to the ground.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Mine still has the rear swaybar, because without an airbag or ARB, it's the only thing that will keep the car from completely twisting on launch. Once I add either of those, I'll likely remove it.

And I agree with the lowering springs comment fully. My car in the picture below is on stock '94 Cobra springs cut exactly 1 coil in the rear. Just remember, I have a 28" tire, so yours would be lower than mine.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys this forum has really helped me at the race track I'm a newbie when it comes to drag strip know how.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I dont have any sway bars or quad shocks, i did new LCA's, UCA's, spherical housing bearings, K member, a-arms, shocks, struts, CC plates, and C/O's all at once when i removed the sway bars but i could not even tell they were gone.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont have any sway bars or quad shocks, i did new LCA's, UCA's, spherical housing bearings, K member, a-arms, shocks, struts, CC plates, and C/O's all at once when i removed the sway bars but i could not even tell they were gone.
cool, when u got rid of the quad shocks did u notice any wheel hop?? or did ur lcas take care of that. I just put lcas on and thought about taking the quads off but left them on just in case

1 - 13 of 13 Posts