Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so most might know i will soon be doing a bullitt intake swap. now i am trying to plan out my fuel rail setup. i have my oem 98gt rails which i have heard dont really fit. i also have the bullitt fuel rails (which are returnless however and one is slightly bent).
i am wondering if anyone has any input on what i should do or if anyone has done the swap before and can shed some light. i also found a set of mmr fuel rails for sale but then i will need to get my own lines and fittings to connect the rails (which i will admit i have never done and have no knowledge on)
if anyone can help with some ideas that would be great

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I used the professional products rails on mine with the adjustable regulator and braided lines.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you buy it as a kit or seperate. and what do you think about the mmr ones? They are basically the same but black. what regulator are you using

·
Registered
151 Posts
i also got the professional products kit but that on my 96 return style

·
Registered
151 Posts
my cars at my buddies house gettin readyy to pull the motor, ill see if i can shoot one soon

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I will shoot some pics for you tomorrow. The regulator came in the kit as well as the braided crossover. The rest if the lines were purchased at my local speed shop.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Connections to hard line:

To fuel rails:

Crossover:

Return line goes back to regulator:

Regulator:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have been reading this and it has inspired me to order the Professional Products kit. Will need to make up other lines to complete the install. What kind of adaptors are needed to attach to the lines over by the inner fender? The factory connections on my car look like the push-on and clip like the fuel filters use.

·
Registered
356 Posts
In doing some research I have been able to find some adapters 5/16" and 3/8" lines, but when I measure the o/d of the tubing on my car I am getting 1/4" and 5/16" for the sizes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well I think I figured out the adapters needed for connecting to the original lines. Russell part #'s 644110 and 641300 should work.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have ordered everything I should need to do the job. Will keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts