Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i wanna know if ya think its worth the $6,000 lowest he'll go price tag. The 98 cobra has 121k miles first of all. That kinda scares me but it sounds and drives good although he says that the tranny leaks from the seal that the driveshaft yoke goes in. one of the front caliper rattles alot cuz its missing the clip for it. it has a off road H-pipe and prochamber mufflers. has no dents but has alot of scratches and scuff. What do ya think? is it worth it?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I would say its about right for that car. The seal isn't a big thing. Most of the stuff thats wrong with it isn't much, and they are cheap and easy fixes. The paint is the biggest thing. You will have to use your best judgement on that and realize paint jobs are expensive. 100k miles isn't a big deal on a modular if it is taken care of. Drive it and make sure you open it up to make sure it doesn't smoke.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
It sounds to me as this car has not been taken care of. Find out if this guy is the origional owner. The last thing that you want or need is someone elses headache. If the guy won't buy cheap parts like a tailshaft seal, and clip for the rotor. I bet that he didn't even change the oil at proper intervals. I'm trying to discourage you, but make sure that you go over this car with a extra fine tooth comb. something just seems funny about it. Goodluck in your search. If you don't mind doing a bit of work, I'd say this is an excellent project car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you want a project car is excellence, but if you need a Daily drive, i don´t think so....
but it´s your call...check the car very well
good luck

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I think you can find a different car that you would be much happier with for 6k. Like stated above dont buy into someone elses problems bro.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would say its about right for that car. The seal isn't a big thing. Most of the stuff thats wrong with it isn't much, and they are cheap and easy fixes. The paint is the biggest thing. You will have to use your best judgement on that and realize paint jobs are expensive. 100k miles isn't a big deal on a modular if it is taken care of. Drive it and make sure you open it up to make sure it doesn't smoke.
Do this.

These cars will smoke, but if he only has those modifications done then chances are if it is smoking it's because it needs help internally.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
smoking isnt prob a good thing, i see mustangs in videos smoke with minor mods done, but my mach doesnt shoot any smoke untill about 4th gear close to 135 when i get back on it it shoots a little black smoke

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have no idea what it is, some Mustangs just seem to smoke. I've seen my own and others do it, and then a number of videos.

Try to find a clean one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts