Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is basically stock right now except for my mac catback. I was planning on picking up an MRT catted h pipe soon but also thinking of buying a tuner as i heard it's good to have. My question is since my car is still basically stock would i see any benefits from the tune. I'm planning on getting 4.10's installed sometime early next year and i know i'll probably need a tuner for that.

Is a 91 tune worth doing since my car is practically stock. Besides a 91 tune is there anything else the tuner can do on a stock car where i'll see a bit of performance gain? I'm new to all this still since i've only had the car less than three months and i have never worked on a car before this one so i'm still a noob.

·
Registered
161 Posts
your car is gonna sound badass with that exhaust set up

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Sorry to Hijack, right now I am running 4.10's, ORX, intake with a canned tune. I just ordered a Kar Kraft 3/8" intake spacer. The canned tune is enough for now, but the car is running rich now without the cats, and with adding the intake spacer I want to know what you recommend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a toss up. for $/hp its not bad at all, but don't expect it to feel like boost or juice. If you plan on more mods then do it for sure.
What kind of hp gain would i see by upping the octane? I was looking at the SF3 on am.com and it said average hp gain on a stock mustang with an octane boost was 22 hp. I think thats bullshit cause thats a huge gain but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
wrr1020 kinda in the same boat with you my only other question is does anyone sell a tune that wont need a custom tune or is it best to get a tuner that needs a custom tune from a company

and bro no your most likely gonna see 10rwhp 22 is probably at the flywheel

·
Registered
852 Posts
You can do a decent amount with your tuner.
Change red line
Increase or decrease cam
rpm Idle
adjust the speedometer

as everyone said though changing to 91 octane you dont feel anything really maybe a lil lil boost in accel. but nothing to wild or exciting.

All in honesty the tuner is something good to have. I recommend getting a tuner that shops around you use. I would say that is the best thing you can do since if you ever get it tuned they can save it to your tuner as well.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Get Delta Force tuning software you can do almost anything you can think of i use it on my car and it gives me way more options then any other tuner i have used.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I have a question, I ordered a SCT x3 handheld tuner from am.com and just wondering, wat r the differences power wise in a 91 octane tune and a 93 octane tune?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I gotchaa.
Asian I kno you've seen me ask these questions before haha sorry for the rudundantcy <--- is that even a word? ... :-/

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
I got myself an SCT Xcal 3 tune for my car with a 93 octane tune..you definitely feel a difference, but nothing like nitrous or supercharger. I'd recommend getting it since you'll be getting mods farther down the road. The more you have done to it, the more power you can get from the tuner.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
ill prob end uo gettin the 93, just wanted some opinions on it. appreaciated

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
i ordered it wednesday and still no email confirmation or nuthin... im kinda worried =/ haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts