Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think of the gunmetal CF5s for my car 19x9 and 19x10 in the rear? i cant find any pictures of them on a deep impact blue any help finding a pic or someone who is good with photoshop. i found a pic of the black ones which i like but i think gunmetal would look better. well its not letting me upload the pic of the black ones...but this pic shows the gunmetal wheels

Attachments

·
Regular
71 Posts
i have heard quite a few bad reviews of forgestar rims from a few guys at my local car meets. could just be hear-say nonsense, but since then ive stayed away from them. I'll try to look up a credible source for my statement, i just thought i'd give my opinion on them, quality wise. As for the way the rims look, they look great on that grabber blue mustang you posted

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah let me know what you find out. I am also looking at the vossen cv3s but they are a decent amount more.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
yeah let me know what you find out. I am also looking at the vossen cv3s but they are a decent amount more.
I would take ForgeStars any day before Vossen. ForgeStar is a sister company if iForged.

Interested to hear what bad reviews there are about ForgeStar...

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Personally I prefer ForgeStar F14 & CF10 better.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
i have heard quite a few bad reviews of forgestar rims from a few guys at my local car meets. could just be hear-say nonsense, but since then ive stayed away from them. I'll try to look up a credible source for my statement, i just thought i'd give my opinion on them, quality wise. As for the way the rims look, they look great on that grabber blue mustang you posted

Forgestars are custom made and I am running on them, I admit I head some bad reviews on them as well, but I couldn't be happier with anything else, my 20x11 with tires are years lighter than the stocks, so performance wise they are better, sticking into 18 in diameter will give you more tire options and better performance, while I needed 20's because I really loved swervo and synapse looks.

Go to post #18 for a CF5 on impact blue Which wheels and post up pics of grabber blue with wheels - SVTPerformance

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Forgestars are custom made and I am running on them, I admit I head some bad reviews on them as well, but I couldn't be happier with anything else, my 20x11 with tires are years lighter than the stocks, so performance wise they are better, sticking into 18 in diameter will give you more tire options and better performance, while I needed 20's because I really loved swervo and synapse looks.

Go to post #18 for a CF5 on impact blue Which wheels and post up pics of grabber blue with wheels - SVTPerformance
Yup.. Only bad things I've heard about ForgeStar is the wait time to get them.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
F14's can be ordered on Am, correct? That couldn't take too long..

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
F14's can be ordered on Am, correct? That couldn't take too long..
Yea they have some sizes/offsets in stock... Unless you want custom sizing/offset and you order direct. I don't think AM has CF5 though, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
silver or gunmetal CF5s? i wish i could see them in person....im afraid the silver will be to bland looking.

·
Registered
370 Posts
silver or gunmetal CF5s? i wish i could see them in person....im afraid the silver will be to bland looking.
just photoshop them. im gonna be ordering the Niche Apex 20x10 Wheels in Feb. but i have photoshoped several different sets just to see if id like it first.

if you're not familiar with Photoshop, let me know and I'll do it for ya.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not that good with computers....if you want to photo shop them for me that would be awesome. both the silver and gunmetal are on american muscles website. those are nice looking wheels you chose

·
Registered
370 Posts
here ya go... the top one is lowered, bottom is stock height

looks good IMO. (dont pay attention to the backwards caliper on the back wheel) :facepalm: didn't notice til after i was done. u get the point though

Reactions: sonicblue

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks! i gave you reps. Those do look bad ass. I am about 99.9% sold on those, just going to sleep on it for a week or two since its a pretty pricey purchase and only want to make it once.

·
Registered
370 Posts
thanks! i gave you reps. Those do look bad ass. I am about 99.9% sold on those, just going to sleep on it for a week or two since its a pretty pricey purchase and only want to make it once.
no prob man....trust me, i understand. i've been looking for a couple weeks now. and finally decided on the Niche wheels, but i'm gonna be into them for around 3k after wheels, tires, and suspension. lol but hey...i'll look bad @$$. :baller:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i am going to do the same and do the suspension at the same time. lots of money but it will look bad ass and id rather do it all at the same time.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
here ya go... the top one is lowered, bottom is stock height

looks good IMO. (dont pay attention to the backwards caliper on the back wheel) :facepalm: didn't notice til after i was done. u get the point though
Looks pretty good :naughty:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I would take ForgeStars any day before Vossen. ForgeStar is a sister company if iForged.

Interested to hear what bad reviews there are about ForgeStar...
well yes and no...

iforged gets them already cut from china and then just have the pads shaved and holes drilled here lol...and they where having some bad issues with there powdercoating pealing as soon as the customers get them..

but they are a nice wheel for the price..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts