Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has given me the go to upgrade to a '11 or '12 Stang. Since I'll be in Korea all of this yr and my car won't be driven. I can put my car payment towards my CC, pay it off, and put some extra towards a down payment. I would be getting the new stang through Military Car Sales. So what would you do.

Option 1-- Keep my stang with the mods in my garage and throw on the Roush TVS that I have

Option 2-- '11 or '12 GT

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
It depends. If you're a kinda guy that is gonna build the motor and blow a car, than I say it doesn't matter. The car is just a frame. U can put whatever u want in it. Pick the one u think looks better. If ur a guy that's gonna do bolt ons and only mildly mod it(cams, lt's) than deffinatly get the new one. Much better powertrain, 6 speed, and brembo's. But, like I mention before... Powertrain, 6 speed, and brembo's can be added to your 07. Plus your a lot closer to paying it off. My vote would be to pay of the 07 then get th new stang. Then u can have a garage queen and a fun track/dd car.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'd have to say stick with what you've got.. The rear end looks much better. The interior in my opinion looks better in the S197. Now you've already got the TVS sitting there ready to go on.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm torn between the decision. Maybe when I come back to the states in 2015

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Keep what you have then buy another one later on. Thats what I did and what I'll be doing again. Lots of people ask me how I can afford to buy 2 Mustangs. Its really easy when you buy, pay off, then buy again, repeat. Next I'm shooting for a GT500 though. The 98 only cost me around $50 a month. I sold my restored 66 Mustang and bought my 98. I still kick my self for selling it and said I would never sell a car I love again. I did sell my 71 C10 to supercharge my 06 but I wasnt that attatched to it

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I would keep yours and worry about getting another in 2015, who knows what will be out then!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
easy decision. when you come by tomorrow bring me the TVS, I will "test" it for you while you decide what to do:D.

Honestly, I would go with a '11 or '12 if I could. I hate the rear end, the front looks akward, the interior looks slightly askew because of the rectangle vents in the middle, and all of that just fades away when I see the 5.0 badge on the side reminding me that it gets 400+ N/A hp, a 6 speed, and way better brakes. Its all the good stuff that I want to add to mine with out having to do the work, then you put work into it and have something even better... if only it werent so damn ugly.

seriously though, bring the TVS.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would keep yours and worry about getting another in 2015, who knows what will be out then!!
Damn it!!!! I got busted by the wife again for staring at your avatar. She hates this site solely because I just cant look away from that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm torn between the decision. Maybe when I come back to the states in 2015
So let me get this right, you are going to be deployed until 2015 and your biggest worry is what Mustang to get!?! Dude, you might need to take some time off from this forum. :D That said, if I had a TVS S/C just sitting around, I would work with that first. That new motor is going to have more stock HP out of the box, but you will make more HP with the S/C and more torque. If you are really going to be gone until 2015, then who knows what the 2012-2015 models will bring, so worst case scenario you install your S/C and sell that car later for an upgrade. Good luck.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
50th anniversary Mustang will be available in 2014. Imagine what will be available... California Special? Mach 1? BOSS? Bullitt? Fastback? All sorts or "maybes". I would hold off bro!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So let me get this right, you are going to be deployed until 2015 and your biggest worry is what Mustang to get!?! Dude, you might need to take some time off from this forum. :D That said, if I had a TVS S/C just sitting around, I would work with that first. That new motor is going to have more stock HP out of the box, but you will make more HP with the S/C and more torque. If you are really going to be gone until 2015, then who knows what the 2012-2015 models will bring, so worst case scenario you install your S/C and sell that car later for an upgrade. Good luck.
No I'm only going to be gone for this yr (2010). In 2011 I'm getting stationed in Germany for atleast 3-4yrs so that'll put me around 2014 or 2015

1 - 20 of 24 Posts