Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, blew my motor last month, and got it torn down ready for rebuild. Was running a supercharged 306, but I'm thinking of going N/A. Looking at 331 stroker kits, and wondering if I can keep the setup I have now as far as H/C/I. Running edelbrock performer rpm heads/intake, with an E303. What kinda numbers you think I could make?

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
You sure the two stage wing didnt give you so much down force that you where putting to much drag on your engine thus blowing it?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
LOL @ D..... skip the 331 all together and go 347.....heads and intakes are decent but still constrictive for a stroked app.(believe the are 170's right?)....and ditch the alphabet cam and contact jay allen @ Camshaft Innovations - Home to grind you a cam....

Supercharger with an e cam? how did that run? what type of charger are you running? what other mods you have? and what kind of times are you making on your old setup?

Oh yeah and welcome to the site....hope you have a good sense of humor and dont take the intrewebz to seriously... there is a lot of good guys, and good help here, but we all joke around a lot, let it roll off your back and not get to you and you will be fine.... I can see some ricer jokes in your future....lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, been reading on here for a bit, and see a lot of knowledgeable guys. Yeah never did like that wing too much, was on the car when I bought it. Rather have the s281. I should sell it to my buddy at work that just got a stuffer 90's civic!

I was running the vortech v-1 s-trim w/8lb pulley. Ran ok but had an idle surge issue, didn't have a chip or anything, just the mech FMU & 30lb inj's. Couldn't get it under 13sec 1/4 mile on street tires. It made 390 at the wheels though so it was fun as hell to drive.

Ya the heads are the 170's. I was wondering how my setup would work cuz I'm on a serious budget these days. Trying to get er back on the road for minimal cash. Figured I could sell the charger and use the $ towards a stroker. So go 347 eh? Have heard they don't have as much of a lifetime.

P.S. This obviously isn't a daily driver, but want to make it pretty streetable, more of a sunday driver. But it does (did) see some weekends at the strip...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Thats a BS rumor about not lasting as long, go with the 347 you will be glad you did. 13 sec 1/4 wow sounds like you need some suspension and some tires on that car bro. Shoot me a pm and let me know what you would want for your vortech...you would have probably seen a lot more out of it with a tune....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bigger is always better IMHO:D

Go for the 347 or even bigger especially if your staying NA.

Get a custom cam:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thx guys, a couple more questions then I'm gonna get to it. Any recommendations on a kit and what kinda money am I looking to spend to do it right? What's a custom cam gonna cost? And should I even bother, will I be able to get to about the same hp or should I just keep my charger and slap my parts on a used 302?

·
Registered
113 Posts
to go to a 347 the cheapest kit ive found is 914.30 at rpmmachine.com an that was with shipping. but you will have to have machine work done an whats bein done to mine is around 400-600 jus to get the block ready.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Your looking at 1500 for the 347 kit not including machine work etc. i would really consider finding a used 302 and putting your existing parts back on. if you spent some money on a tune, tires, sub frames, and lower control arms, i think you would be much happier with its performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts