Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these removable? I want to take them off so I can tint them. I can't find any threads about this.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
easier to just buy the precut tint from AM.. no removal necessary.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know but it costs more and from what I hear, it's not very reliable.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i've had the vinyl tint on my lights and it sucks. doesn't fit well because it is just that, a sticker. do it right and either remove and tint yourself or buy tinted ones from a vendor

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm leaning towards. It's cheaper and my taillights came out awesome with spray tint. I just can't figure out how to get the third brake light and marker lights out without damaging them.

·
10,234 Posts
for the brake light just remove the plastic cover on the inside of the trunk lid. if memory serves correctly you will then have access to the tabs that hold the light in place.

i've never removed the side markers, but i think i remember someone saying it's easiest if you remove the rear facia. that's also a very simple task

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you do that? I have to do that too because mine is hanging on one side for some reason. So it would definitely be practical

·
10,234 Posts
as i said i haven't done it, but basically you need to remove or loosen the inner fenders. i'm guessing that some of the retainers (screws) for the facia are behind the plastic inner fenders. there will also be something underneath the facia. there are also some behind the trunk lid between the brake lights. you may have to remove the plastic cover on the back of the trunk inside.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok well I have some work to do tomorow lol. Thanks for the help

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
The third brake light is extremely easy to remove. It's two or three bolts if I remember correctly. As for the side markers, I just taped off my car and sprayed them. You can take them out if you want but I feel it's unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The side markers are easy to remove just get a butter knife and pop them out. It’s actually kind of scary how easy they come out.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha ok I'll try that. I can't spray it on the car cuz it's like blizzarding out lol.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Get a small flathead screw driver or a butter knife like stated above and pop out the side markers. Literally takes 2 seconds. I got the tinted markers from a vendor. They just looked better to me.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow you guys were right. It literally just pops off. The third brake light was just 2 clips and then it pops right out too. So now I can begin tinting :) thanks everyone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts