Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every single company makes their best cars with a huge 6.2 liter or around that size engine and super charge it or sumthn and BOOM 700+ horsies

but ford keeps making small v8 engines and supercharging it to 550 hp

why doesnt ford do like every other company and put in a 350+ cubic inch motor and put their amazing superchargers on them? it would blow away competition bc ford can already almost match those cars because they put on some of the best superchargers

thoughts and opinions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just think it would be sweet, ive grown up around cars my whole life, im still young but i know that people would love to have mustangs the top notch of american cars

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
there's more that goes into car making than throwing a big ole engine in there. this isn't the 70's anymore. if you pay attention, the only company that didn't bum money from uncle sam is Ford. so somethings working.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true...but just saying a mustang with 700+ horsepower wuld be sweet, and ford is just smarter than the other companies in every prospect so i dont think they will go bankrupt any time soon

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
they do.. the super snake. just imagine everyone an ther mom driving it.. it wouldn't b the same would it? just think when you get older u will be able to have it so jus dnt wrry bout it now

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
there's more that goes into car making than throwing a big ole engine in there. this isn't the 70's anymore. if you pay attention, the only company that didn't bum money from uncle sam is Ford. so somethings working.
This was going to be my response.

Sometimes making a car really good (Mustang) but still inexpensive enough is the smarter option.

Not everyone can afford a Hemi or even the new Camaro. But most people can afford a Mustang.

And who said the Mustang isn't a top notch American car? It's the only one that is still around since the mid 60's....the others went away for years and had to make a come back. And a meager one at that....

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
+1 she's right... Mustangs have been around for along time and besides hemi's an camaro's are heavy b/c of the "big" engines... jus mod the hell out of ur car an kik ass thts my plan!
an u hav 2 send ur GT500 to nevada to get a super snake i think correct me if im wrong...

·
Registered
997 Posts
true...but just saying a mustang with 700+ horsepower wuld be sweet, and ford is just smarter than the other companies in every prospect so i dont think they will go bankrupt any time soon
no it wouldnt. then there would be no fun in a build. cause the shits aleady there. half the fun is building it your way. how much more can you build up a 700hp car with out spending stupid money ? thats why parts for **** like vipers and ZR1's simply aint cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i looked it up, u can modify ur mustang to like 720 hp with a better supercharger, cost like 6 grand for the charger itself, id be willing to pay 6 grand for a 200 hp boost haha

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
mamastang i think your forgetting about the corvette its been around since 1953
Not really - Vette is in a class of it's own. It's not really a true competitor of the Mustang. I'm sure there are some that would argue - but I'd venture to say it's a step above when it comes to performance cars. And I'm referring to stock to stock here.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I agree with moms on this one. The Corvette was never a competitor with the Mustang. Well not until Camaro drove off a cliff. Even then, the Ford never really offered anything that you could compare to a 2 seat sports cars. Except the Ford GT, and that is in a class other then a standard Vette.

The thing that is SO damn wonderful about the Mustang is the extreme aftermarket support. You do not see that for other models of vehicles in this age. With this support we are able to "cheaply" modify our Mustangs to make them run better then the competitors. If you want something to compete with the Z28, save money and supercharge the new GT or get a GT500. We don't need massive amounts of displacement in these mod motors. They are engineering marvels if you ask me. Look at the Terminators for example. Pulley swap and you have something that screams! Stock blocks in the Cobras, even the AL ones, can handle massive amounts of power.

Ford has ****ed up a lot in the past, but the mod motor is not one of thoes **** ups.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
i looked it up, u can modify ur mustang to like 720 hp with a better supercharger, cost like 6 grand for the charger itself, id be willing to pay 6 grand for a 200 hp boost haha
you have alot to learn. also look at how the mustang has been outselling the competitors every year all the way back to 1 year in the 80s i believe the camaro beat it. gotta sell alot of sixxers to fund the R&D for the cobras.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
no longer does displacement = power, well its not the only way to get power

hell you can make a shitty two liter turbo honda get an 11 second 1/4 mile with the right build.

and look at weight the mustang is a good 1/2 ton lighter then the camamro or challenger/charger, so it handles better, and with 5 grand it can outhandle a ferrari

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
no longer does displacement = power, well its not the only way to get power

hell you can make a shitty two liter turbo honda get an 11 second 1/4 mile with the right build.

and look at weight the mustang is a good 1/2 ton lighter then the camamro or challenger/charger, so it handles better, and with 5 grand it can outhandle a ferrari
soo true... but idk about a ferrari lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.