Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mkay, so I have been running an aftermarket headunit to my Mach 460 for a while now. Sounds GREAT....at low volume.

However, problem is that I have a Vert...which is noisy...so I crank my tunes up...and then they quickly sound like ****. Main problem I'm having is that once I get the volume past 15-20 my bass starts disappearing, almost exactly the same as if I were running the stock headunit.

Second problem I have is my door panels RATTLE. Anyone got a few pics they could toss up of how they Dynamatted the panels?

Also, I've done a bit of research and a lot of people say to run the Crutchfield wiring harness that has RCA outs. I'm running the Scosche harness for "Ford with Premium Sound," no RCA outs on it but everything wired up and worked perfectly fine, just sounded roughly the same as with a stock h/u.

Reason I'm asking, is because my ex had her 460 wired to an aftermarket headunit, and her bass was much cleaner and louder than mine, mine almost sounds kind of "muddy" once I start turning it up. She could blast hers and it sounded great. I did notice while messing with her stereo that her 6x8's were wired into the decks sub output, would that make that much of a difference?

Cliffs: My system sounds muddy at higher volumes. My ex's didn't. I know it's not the speakers, because they're new.

I used the Scosche wiring harness with no RCA inputs on it. Should I get the Crutchfield one?

My ex's car had the 6x8s wired into the sub-out on her deck. My whole system is just on speaker-outs. Does that make a difference in sound quality?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
do you have loudness or bass boost turned on? if so turn that completely off.

and deadening the doors is easy, just clean stick and roll on the stuff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts