Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so right now i have true dual exhoust with some kind of raceing muffler that has a deep roar till high rpm's still have the stock cat pipes i want to know on my set up what will give me the deepest rummble dont care how loud want that crazy deep roar and i know it will never sound like a v8 so is it flowsmasters thershwelds maganaflow or what (sorry cant spell to save my life)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
"crazy deep roar" - seems like you need a v8

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
*impatiently waits for 6er to get in here* <-- He wll tell you the best setup, he's been through just about every setup known to man.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i had a old 5.0 and loved the sould but not the look wanting to get a v8 but have too much invested in my car and hopefully when i my 4 years are up(signing up for the marines waiting for an MP spot to open up) ill be able to get a supersnake with the 5.4L v8

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
you'll never get the sound you're looking for out of your v6...believe me i've been there...after making my GT as loud and throaty as i could and then getting back into a sixxer it's been an issue. however you have to keep the mindset of just having a badass v6 exhaust. if you're wanting a deeper tone however just look for a chambered muffler. :yes

also i wouldn't waste your cash on a supersnake...way overated for the price tag. by the time you actually have the money to look for a car like that i'd look into the newer 5.0's or whatever will come in 2014

those are just my 2cents

·
Registered
546 Posts
you'll never get the sound you're looking for out of your v6...believe me i've been there...after making my GT as loud and throaty as i could and then getting back into a sixxer it's been an issue. however you have to keep the mindset of just having a badass v6 exhaust. if you're wanting a deeper tone however just look for a chambered muffler. :yes

also i wouldn't waste your cash on a supersnake...way overated for the price tag. by the time you actually have the money to look for a car like that i'd look into the newer 5.0's or whatever will come in 2014

those are just my 2cents
+1!

And I like the new avatar sir! :yes

·
Registered
345 Posts
Go flowmasters with O/R H, won't be super loud but it will sound pretty nice

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Yeah, when are you getting your new mufflers on 6er? Which ones did you wind up going with?
well i'm trying to see if i have enough cash get them on Thursday...if not it'll be after my mini vacation at the end of the month since me and the fiance would like some spending money when we head outta town...

as for which mufflers...my friend gave me his 2.5" mandrel bent flowmaster catback...all the muffler shop will have to do is put it in place and weld it in to the midpipe :yes

·
Registered
345 Posts
well i'm trying to see if i have enough cash get them on Thursday...if not it'll be after my mini vacation at the end of the month since me and the fiance would like some spending money when we head outta town...

as for which mufflers...my friend gave me his 2.5" mandrel bent flowmaster catback...all the muffler shop will have to do is put it in place and weld it in to the midpipe :yes
nice, I've always wanted to try and make my own prochamber with with a duel in-duel out muffler up front, then two more mufflers downstream. Never had the money to try it tho, my modding budget always seems to get drained from either the gf, school, or the random **** that breaks on my car

·
Registered
345 Posts
you should get rid of the GF then ...
lol, well I'm also trying to save for my 3800 sc swap into my 1986 fiero, so that takes a good chunk of my savings as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
see lucky for me my fiance approves of my modding issue :D
My gf does too, but I just don't have enough money for anything right now. School pretty much drains everything. Then I've got to take her out occasionally too :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm using this Flowmaster kit, it was on my car when I got it and it really has a nice deep sound at low RPMs, I have been mistaken for a GT when pulling into parking lots but if I rev it up it gets high pitch and you can tell it's not a V8. This kit is bolts up to the factory Y-Pipe and doesn't require any other adapters for installation so it's nice in that respect, but of course it's not going to flow like a true dual setup.

1999 - 2004 Ford Mustang LX 3.8L [17275] - $573.37 : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
ok so right now i have true dual exhoust with some kind of raceing muffler that has a deep roar till high rpm's still have the stock cat pipes i want to know on my set up what will give me the deepest rummble dont care how loud want that crazy deep roar and i know it will never sound like a v8 so is it flowsmasters thershwelds maganaflow or what (sorry cant spell to save my life)
I found everything in red funny. :funnah

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.