Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this doesn't belong here than feel free to remove it to the proper section!

I just went over to A.M to see if i could place an order and to my surprise they jacked the living **** out of all their prices! Now i would find it hard to believe that this is due to a new supplier and THEIR fees. What good can come with our "discount" if you just stacked the price of, oh lets say SS brake lines from 69.99 to 89.99. Its a robbery and they plan to continue to **** us without one saying a word! It frustrates me for several reasons and this is why

1. The dollar is at an all time low (when compared to a euro) A dollar is about 95 cents right now.
2. Majority of the fairly popular "bolt-ons" have sky rocketed above a 20$ mark
3. Prices have fluctuated yet i'm willing to bet the discount is still in tact.

Is this a way to regain your profit from the "free" shipping method? If anyone else noticed this than feel free to comment. If im the only one that feels that this is robbery than please say so. They have officially lost my business! As ignorant as it may sound but these are just inner thoughts on how i feel!:mad::mad::mad:

If you don't or wont believe me than heres a perfect example.

I was going to purchase the magnaflow C/B which at the time was 496.99
Now the price is a hundred dollars more. WTF! Time to go to the registry and wait like a vulture for a used product...lol

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Yea its probably the wrong section. But i just breezed over there to check it out and your right, the gouging has begun it looks like. Not everything is higher but the parts that have been changed have been dramaticly increased. The diablo tuner is now $399? Give me a break man, a week ago you could get it shipped to your door with the discount for less than $300. I would have to say, If this is the way they are going to be then they have lost another customer, even if what I was gonna buy has not changed in price. That is unacceptable. Not too mention their big banner on the front page advertising their St. Patrick's day sale prices. Not man, not good at all for business

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its probably the wrong section. But i just breezed over there to check it out and your right, the gouging has begun it looks like. Not everything is higher but the parts that have been changed have been dramaticly increased. The diablo tuner is now $399? Give me a break man, a week ago you could get it shipped to your door with the discount for less than $300. I would have to say, If this is the way they are going to be then they have lost another customer, even if what I was gonna buy has not changed in price. That is unacceptable. Not too mention their big banner on the front page advertising their St. Patrick's day sale prices. Not man, not good at all for business

Exactly! There are many many Modular stang owners that were eventually either waiting for tax returns, or the stimulus rebate to pay for one of these mods, but they can kiss that pretty dollar good-bye with their outrageous inflation! Funny thing is i was about to purchase a diablo today but i declined and removed them from my favorites tab.:yes Pisses me off more than anything. No REASONABLE explanation if one is given and to be honest people will begin to notice and decline future purchases with them if they dont fix this or increase our discount rate to make up for the difference:D...lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
Damn, i just looked and they did jack everything up a lot.
+1 i was gonna order wheels and a diablo turner from them. NOT anymore.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
AMNick made a thread a couple of days ago about all of the "amazing deals" they will be having in april (i think).. maybe they are just doing this to make all of their sale items seem EXTRA cheap. lol

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
AMNick made a thread a couple of days ago about all of the "amazing deals" they will be having in april (i think).. maybe they are just doing this to make all of their sale items seem EXTRA cheap. lol

lol

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Get used to everything in our world getting more expensive, guys. Not just car parts. The economy is in the shitter. With diesel being over 4 bucks a gallon, and the costs involved as a result in moving goods around the country, **** is going to start getting more expensive.

I fueled up the Mack truck after my last trip at work, and it cost 780 dollars to fill it up. I did ONE trip on that tank of fuel, which was around an 850 mile rounder. 780 bucks to deliver ONE load of product. That's almost a dollar a mile in fuel alone to operate the truck. Eventually that cost is going to trickle down to us in everything we purchase.

Hopefully whoever gets in to office next takes care of the economy and fixes things, because we're headed for a major recession.....if we're not already there now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Get used to everything in our world getting more expensive, guys. Not just car parts. The economy is in the shitter. With diesel being over 4 bucks a gallon, and the costs involved as a result in moving goods around the country, **** is going to start getting more expensive.

I fueled up the Mack truck after my last trip at work, and it cost 780 dollars to fill it up. I did ONE trip on that tank of fuel, which was around an 850 mile rounder. 780 bucks to deliver ONE load of product. That's almost a dollar a mile in fuel alone to operate the truck. Eventually that cost is going to trickle down to us in everything we purchase.

Hopefully whoever gets in to office next takes care of the economy and fixes things, because we're headed for a major recession.....if we're not already there now.
+1. diesel is 4.30 a gallon here and you can't expect the drivers to absorb the increase, it will get added to the prices or shipping charges. I think the AM increase is a little much but every product we buy gets to the store by truck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Im happy that i placed my order tuesday. I ordered magnapacks and now they are $100 more. Insane.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Its the price increases that bother me its the fact that the products that are directly connected to the point you made zip like wheels, which are heay and bulky and typicaly cost more to ship are unchanged. The increase is ironicly on tuners which are notorious for saving gas and they are smaller easier to ship items. I agree prices are going up everyday, but to increase the price of a handheld tuner by $100 in one big shot? No that is just unacceptable. I can't order from a company that does that. Especialy when I go to their site and they are advertising sale prices.

·
Registered
600 Posts
bbk udps are now 229? are you ****ing serious? Lol they're more than the steedas. I have not bought from them before, but i did plan on spending quite a bit of money with them. I changed my mind. screw 6% discount if they're going to take pullies from 159 to 229

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I find nothing amazing about a 20% increase on "popular" easy to ship items:mad:

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
So very true. Michigan's economy has been in the dumps for a while now. Fuel is exspensive that we didn't even plate half of our semis this year. They are parked until prices for fuel are reasonable again.

·
Registered
663 Posts
So everything on their site wasn't showing their price? The pulleys are still the same price as someone mentioned.

If everything is really that much higher that's pretty bad. I always used AmericanMuscle first since the free shipping was great. That coupled with their prices being even or less than most competitors was great.

If it's really that much at least we have a lot of other options. I just hate losing one more site to buy from.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Just give them time to relist their prices.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will give this a week and see if the prices will come back to the norm. If so, than i will go ahead and continue the purchase of a couple of things from their site.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts