Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
How often do you empty it? Does your motor oil on the dipstick look like that? If you don't empty it that often, it could just be condensation from the temp changes from day to night out there in Texas right now. I don't know, just a guess.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this was my first time emptying it.. the top had mostly clear liquid but the bottom had the chub in it.. the oil doesn't look anything like that

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
call me a newb. but were is the crank case.. ?
and how do i drain mine.... since im sure its never been done. on my car
You dont have an oil catch can if thats what your planning to drain

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That looks ok to me, the stuff in the catch can will turn all nasty because of moisture like neverfastenough said.

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
Hey, as long as it isn't 'the freeze' I would assume the same. You'd smell antifreeze.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Makes me think of how much I need to get a catch can on. Had one in my 96 and it would fill up pretty quickly

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Anyone have pics of there catchcan setup? My car has a small K&N filter on drivers side head and an open hose on the passengers side. I want to add the catch can so I can connect it back up without having oil go in my intake manifold

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
How long does your car run for at a time? If you only drive short distances, the engine doesn't heat up enough to evaporate the condenstaion that is formed and clear it out. Just wondering. That's what it looks like to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts