Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two p225 tires on front, two p235 tires on rear. I have all four currently at about 30 psi. Could or (should?) I put JUST the rear tires at say 35 psi while leaving the front at 30? I have a drop on just the front, not the rear. I figured since it's RWD the back being up a bit would help the car move along better while keeping the front softer for the drop. Or maybe I'm nuts.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i always just run 35 all the way around in both my v6 and in my GT...no need to worry about it being soft...although the rear size is a bit strange...what's the full number for the tire? and do you have pics

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Where are you from, MustangV6man? Keep in mind that the air in your tires expands and contracts when the tires get hotter/colder. So if it's 20* where you are right now and you're running 35psi, that psi will increase as it warms up. I know in my area it can be 20* one day and 65* the next.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
If you have the size tire that goes with your car, Look inside your driver side door. It will tell you the Ford Recommended tire inflation for front and rear.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea my fronts are 51 psi max, rears are 44 psi max...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts