Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much are you paying her month for insurance? Reason I'm asking is, my cousin is 18 and going to be graduating HS soon and his parents are going to get him a car for a grad present and he wants a new edge GT, but his parents think the insurance will rape them.

So, if you don't mind me asking, what is you insurance premiums, what kind of coverage do you have and what is you driving record like? Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
i'm 17. mine is 900 a year. i have no idea why it is that low but both me and my parents records are clean so that probly helps. plus they take a little off if you have good grades. i think we have just the basic coverage

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i'm 17. mine is 900 a year. i have no idea why it is that low but both me and my parents records are clean so that probly helps. plus they take a little off if you have good grades. i think we have just the basic coverage
The reason yours is lower is because you are still on your parents policy...go out and price your own policy, you'll **** a brick. In 99 i was 19 and had a 4 cyl ranger...i was paying $235/month for basic full coverage with $500 deductible...i'd be scared to see what they are paying now for a gt.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
that's why it's cool to have my cars..

I payed $850 for the Cougar and $800 for My truck..

I have liability only so I don't pay **** basically.. because honestly..

with the car.. if it gets hit.. o well I'll go out and Buy another one..

If they truck gets hit.. I feel sorry for who hit it because they are going to be in a world of pain

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Ok dont laugh sierously it'll piss me off...

I have 3 speeding tickets and one accident..

for my 1988 Mustang GT Full coverage with minamul everything was 3--something a month and liability was 2--something

lol Im just kiddin bout the mad thing LOL

·
Registered
691 Posts
i pay $230 a month for full coverage

$500 deductible

19 yrs old, clean record, no prior car insurance
edit: $250

230 is my car payment...get em confused sometimes lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
My mustang has less than full coverage, but I pay $300 every 6 months. I have 1 tickit, no accidents, and it's insured as a 'weekend car' and I'm 22.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The reason yours is lower is because you are still on your parents policy...go out and price your own policy, you'll **** a brick. In 99 i was 19 and had a 4 cyl ranger...i was paying $235/month for basic full coverage with $500 deductible...i'd be scared to see what they are paying now for a gt.
yea your probly right lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Insurance is the screwiest thing out there, i really think they just spin a wheel and decide how much your gonna pay.

When i was in the DC metro area i was paying $130/month on my 04 mustang gt...27 years old, 2 at fault accidents...single car, i was having too much fun in my old 04 VW R32..gotta crash to learn, right?...When i moved to OKC State Farm (same insurance company) wanted $230/month...how is gonna be cheaper to insure a car in DC vs OKC??? Well i switched to USAA and now pay $90/month 250 deductible :D

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
insurance biggest scam ever if you never wreck or get a speeding ticket you still dont get your money back....

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I don't see it as a scam.. yea it sucks but it's there for a reason

you can't say that you will never have an accident.
hell what if your driving on the highway and some idiot slams on his brakes and you rear end him and total his car? it's your fault because you were following too closely and you just jacked up his 150 dollar ford GT... THATS what insurance is for :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
and i just read that the rates are going up...who knew??

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
<---getting a bicycle for real, I live in lexington anyway everything is close

·
Registered
605 Posts
well im 20 and have one ticket and one incident and pay 330 a month with 2 cars. full coverage on the stang with a 500 deductible. and coverage is 100/300/100.

·
Registered
994 Posts
i am 19

99-04 gt's kill the most on insurance

driving for almost 3 years now not accidents no speeding tickets nothing.....

01gt= 250 by myself but i decided to be on parents policy which made it 220 because they assume i am going to drive all the vehicles in the policy??? so my name is on all the cars which made all the car prices go up some, so we decided that i pay the difference of what they are now form what they used to b...if that makes any sense

now when i have my 97 GT i only paid 135 for insurance which was great

1 - 20 of 115 Posts