Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding what brand of catback to go with for my car, and currently its between a borla system or stainless work's catback. I've heard a borla exhaust,and liked the sound and lack of a resonant frequency. my main interest is not having any drone, so does the SW catback drone terribly? Thank you for responding

·
Registered
24 Posts
The SW catback has minimal drone at highway... not a big deal; I love the way it sounds!

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have SW CB with Kooks Long tubes. Everyone comments how great it sounds , and it scares small children. Best sounding setup out. I have vids I will link up later. Small drone at about 1900, but these new mustangs have much quiter cabins than older ones so it is not bad.

Look into the full SW headerback, best sounding setup out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's a quick pull from inside the car, didn't have much time (or help) today - but I'll definitely get something comprehensive together this weekend :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have SW CB with Kooks Long tubes. Everyone comments how great it sounds , and it scares small children. Best sounding setup out. I have vids I will link up later. Small drone at about 1900, but these new mustangs have much quiter cabins than older ones so it is not bad.

Look into the full SW headerback, best sounding setup out.
the sound of a full SW exhaust is the reason I'm looking into a catback from them. see this vid...

LOVE that high octave exhaust note. nearly sounds like an exotic car

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here ya go - I took some time this weekend to compile a few vids for ya :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ivan, thank you very much for the video, covered all the bases as far as I was concerned

G37, are all 3 of those videos with the long tubes and X pipe? or just the first one?

and out of curiosity, has anyone heard a 5.0 with a JBA system on it? AM added JBA axlebacks and catbacks to their site, but youtube has no video results...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah but, $850.00 for a catback damn...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, where can i get the stainless works for the best price? Like free shipping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts