Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have done valve springs, what did you do to keep the valves up while you where swapping out springs? Did you use a compression tester and hook it up to your air compressor? If so, where did you find a tester fitting with long enough threads?

I have two compression testers, one's made for SOHC's It has the 12mm x 1.25 thread that I need, but it only engages about a thread and a half.. I don't want to put 100psi to it with so little thread.

I spent some time with the guys at the part store I go to, and they couldn't find anything.. Im thinking Im just going to turn up my own tomorrow at work and just be done, but someone somewhere has to know something. I was just going to turn back the one I have, but its bored out so deep inside I don't have any material left.. I can make one up, but am interested in some imput here..

Thank you all in advance.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Saw you can use pen magnets, but that was on an LS Motor.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I always bring the piston all the way up and it holds the valve in place.. I pull sparkplug out. And put a big ass screwdriver and see how high the piston goes..done it several times

1 - 5 of 5 Posts