Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share this shot I took of a Silverado 2500HD I detailed at work the other day. This is one of the vehicles I'm more proud of b/c it was just gonna end up going to auction but after it was finished, my boss was very impressed with it and ended up buying it himself and I got a $200 dollar bonus for my paycheck this week. I like to call it karma rewarding me b/c last week I found $200 dollars on the back lot and ended up turning it into my boss. One of the wholesalers had dropped it but the money was returned to him during the wholesale bid.

All that was done to it was a wash, clay, wash, buff, wax and sealant job. Took me my whole shift to get done, so 8 hrs total. I could have made it look a little better if I had more time to buff the heavier scratches out but for the most part, theyre invisible unless you look at the truck a certain way or are just plain trying to find scratches. I can only hope my mustang turns out this good when I detail it this saturday.

Onto the pictures.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I try to be. I know if I lost 200 bucks I would hope someone would turn it in. I'm not usually a fan of bigger trucks but after getting to drive this one around the lot and down to the gas station to get gas, I can say I definitely like them a lot now.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
i like.
y you no visit detailing section and post moar pics and rite up?!?!?!? :spank

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
that is a lot of black to make look good! My car takes a lot of work...my black jeep takes even longer...I can't imagine a truck that size. DAMN.
Nice job man!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys. Yea, buffing this thing took a good while. It was washed, clayed and washed in 45 minutes, the rest of the time I spent buffing, waxing and sealing it, so a little over 7 hrs doing all that. I wish I took a picture of it before b/c it was bad. The paint looked so dull that it was more gray looking than black. Now that I think of it, I should have put this in the detail section lol.

haha I'll make a thread of my car when its actually worth posting. Right now, its dirty as ****, swirled up, and just needs a full paint correction and reconditioning. I'm off saturday so I'm gonna be popping into my work to detail it there. Its getting tinted that day at 1 as well, so it should look pretty badass.

I may start doing cars on the side to make some extra money, will help with my build.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts