Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am tired of going back and forth on stuff for my build. i have a 5.4 set up that i could put in my car, back it with a th350 i have layin around, and not ever have to worry about anything giving me troubles again. what do you guys think???

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Are you going to give up on your 4.6:eek:

Cmon man, where your mustang spirit LOL

If you do it, I got dibbs on your exhaust:lmao

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you going to give up on your 4.6:eek:

Cmon man, where your mustang spirit LOL

If you do it, I got dibbs on your exhaust:lmao

mustang spirit??? i have always hated fords, always been a gm person, actually pontiac (actuall pontiac pre 82). i have more respect for the mustangs now after owning one, but i have been fed up with all the small stupid stuff this car gives me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you hated fords so much, why did you get one?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yeah i know thats the 4v but should give ya a basic idea..pretty sure they argue 2v vs 4v in that thread...and yeah i know it starts with talks about the swap into a cobra, but its all pretty much the same engine bay.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you hated fords so much, why did you get one?

the wife:sorry. she had one when we got together, and wanted another one. i found a trans am that i know she would of liked, but she ran across this one and it was over.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i know thats the 4v but should give ya a basic idea..pretty sure they argue 2v vs 4v in that thread...and yeah i know it starts with talks about the swap into a cobra, but its all pretty much the same engine bay.

:no still not it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
:funnah You make it sound like it was the biggest tragedy of your life. So why dont you sell and buy a trans?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
5.4, .020 over 327. i have a 327, and a 350 that can easily be made a 327. guy i work with has a set up to do a 302 chevy too. i have a pontiac motor if i really wanted to go off the wall, but that is for my trans am i have been putting off for years.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
dont do the 5.4 swap unless your gonna throw some 4v heads on it :D if your gonna do it, do it right :D

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thought about the ford 5.4 4v, but doc has the 4v wrapped up. besides, i have always been a gm man.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
I have a 2000 5.4 4v out of a navigator but i keep hearing about it being such a hard install over the 2v, that i would rather build a 4.6 2v so that it will drop right in. everyone kept saying it wouldnt be worth it, but hell i dont know.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
well you were wanting to do a 5.4 so i say if your gonna do it, you may as well do it right with the 4v heads. and im with ya on the whole chevy. just throw an ls1 in it and be a badass!!!!!!

to banned, i a 5.0 2v, heads and cams

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You missed post #12 drgn:D It aint a blue oval he wants to drop in it.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i did miss that post. i say do an ls1!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts