Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
So, you don't wanna put money into your GT right now but you're going to TT the fr-s and also void the warranty? F that

That's why I got the fox, I'm not voiding my warranty although I am allowed to lift the truck. Just not ready to spend 4k on it. Rather put it into the fox and enjoy it more. Once the trucks lifted its just a matter of time before I'm used to it.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So, you don't wanna put money into your GT right now but you're going to TT the fr-s and also void the warranty? F that

That's why I got the fox, I'm not voiding my warranty although I am allowed to lift the truck. Just not ready to spend 4k on it. Rather put it into the fox and enjoy it more. Once the trucks lifted its just a matter of time before I'm used to it.

I never mentioned WHEN I would turbo the frs... To be honest that plan depends on if I still like the car after like 2-3 years... By then there won't be a warranty, I'll be making the times as much money, and looking to either trade in our upgrade the frs anyway.

But it's possible at least to get where I wanted to be in the stang in the frs as well.

·
7,909 Posts
dunno why, a quick turbo or twins and its stock internals can hold 450 each whp and tq

450whp/tq and 2700 lbs... sounds pretty nice to me. :dunno
Not sure where you're getting your information on that but the engines just don't hold that kind of power on stock internals.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Not sure where you're getting your information on that but the engines just don't hold that kind of power on stock internals.
Ft86 forum... Under multiple threads of people with turbo frs and brz, a few YouTube videos of turbo builds, and some of the manufacturing details from turbo manufacturers

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The key is... I never said that the transmission will last far into that. :lmao

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

I'd keep your sexy car.
Just sayin.
My "sexy car" is causing me to many issues to often and only getting worse and more frequent.

It's nowhere near reliable.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Seen this happen alot. People get tired of a car and start thinking that it's "cheaper" to just get a new car, that their current car is mickle/diming them to death. Usually never actually the case. I suggest buying a cheapo beater to drive. Then save your money to properly fix the mustang. You seem to have it set in stone you want the FRS tho.

The FRS/BRZ is a sharp looking car and is pretty cheap, but it's comically small (to me) inside, lacks any real power, and makes no rumble. Now if Subaru got off their ass and made an AWD turbo version....I'd def look at them alot closer.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Seen this happen alot. People get tired of a car and start thinking that it's "cheaper" to just get a new car, that their current car is mickle/diming them to death. Usually never actually the case. I suggest buying a cheapo beater to drive. Then save your money to properly fix the mustang. You seem to have it set in stone you want the FRS tho.

The FRS/BRZ is a sharp looking car and is pretty cheap, but it's comically small (to me) inside, lacks any real power, and makes no rumble. Now if Subaru got off their ass and made an AWD turbo version....I'd def look at them alot closer.
Well... The mustang has been in and out of the shop and on stands in my garage more times than it has driven in the last 2 months. It needs a pretty pricey overhaul to make sure nothing else fails on it... And by that I mean all the gaskets, seals, suspension, bushings, soon I'll need plugs and I can imagine the alternator going out, then the starter, then it's time for a new clutch, oh... Now I need to replace this and this and that.

It actually is the case here. I have driven it 5 times in the last 2 months and 4 of them were to my mechanic to get stuff fixed on it. It's just at that point where **** fails left and right. I don't know how the previous owner treated it for the first 70k miles, but the next 55k she was tracked a few times, saw some leadfoot, a ton of mods, and ultimately some abuse.

Getting a newer warrantied car without all the failing items just makes sense to me. Yeah I'll miss the rumble and acceleration power... But I need reliability over fun right now. But I also don't want to be stuck in a car I absolutely hate, so I had to find a happy medium. There's no point in paying on a loan for a car that I can't drive and have to spend months nickel and dime fixing.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Sell your car. Buy mine.

It's going up for sale soon at 17,000 w/ 42k miles. Mods can be included or removed for reduced price. Currently has stock wheels on it.
I think youre priced a little low.

I got 17.5 out of my car earlier this year with 46K miles and hail and bumper damage.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts