Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As summer approaches, allotting myself some more spare time, I am beginning to contemplate the future projects /
mods i want to tackle. I have some ideas of what I want / need to do, but I'm open to any advice that you guys
might have regarding the looks and appearance of my car.

The projects I already have in mind are:
(Definitely)
-Restoring faded paint
-Lowering (cutting about 1-1.25 coils on all 4 springs, along with possibly some new shocks and struts) I know,
lowering is a must for my car
-Matching 35W 6000k HIDs to go along with my fog lights

(Possibly)
-Retinting tail lights darker
-Vinyling the roof in gloss black
-Window Tint

(With what I already have)
-Moving my Mach 1 Chin Spoiler to be flush with the front of the bumper (leaving the tiny gaps on the side),
rather than having it flush with the sides (and pushed in a little bit from the front bumper)
-Removing the lower valence vinyl, just to clean things up a bit... Should I keep it or ditch it?

All and all, here are a sh*t ton of pictures of how she sits at the moment...
Im open to any / all advice you guys have on how i should critique her.
Thanks!

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
-Tint your windows
-Move chin spoiler forward... Like mine! Lol
-DON'T put vinyl on the roof...
-lower it.
-either you ditch the lower valence OR ditch the black out panel.
-paint calipers red + "mustang" or pony logo caliper decals in BLACK for a finishing touch for your brakes.
-IF you can find cheap ones, get the hood scoop and GT sides...(why not right?!)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-Tint your windows
might take a shot at doing this myself (not the rear window tho.. probably get that done by a professional)
-Move chin spoiler forward... Like mine! Lol
yea i think i will be. It'll make the front look sexier
no? ive seen it with tinted windows and it looks pretty sexy
-lower it.
this is a must
-either you ditch the lower valence OR ditch the black out panel.
you're saying lose either one or the other? dont keep both?
cause ill probably end up just ditching the lower... I like the decklid
-paint calipers red + "mustang" or pony logo caliper decals in BLACK for a finishing touch for your brakes.
yea, good call, i think i know of a perfect paint to use for them too (tink used it on her car... its called like metalflakes
-IF you can find cheap ones, get the hood scoop and GT sides...(why not right?!)
true true, except buying the actual paint to match is kinda expensive, plus it might stick out because the rest of my paint is a bit faded... but ive seen a Black hood scoop (not the side scoops; thats ugly) on a laser red car and it looked tits
check the red

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
About the roof... Your call bro... I just don't like the two tone feel to it... Unless it's a vert. :eek:

For the paint, isn't there a color matched rattle can from autozone? I got mine from there for my side scoops.

For the lower vinyl, I like the "either or"... So I guess ditch the lower one.

Another thing... IF EVER you plan on getting fat tires for the rear... Maybe check CL from time to time, who knows they might have 2 deep dish bullitts there... Fat tires + wingless + black tails and decklid = chex!:yes

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
much easier!

mark basically said what i was going to say...

-Tint your windows
-lower it.
-either you ditch the lower valence OR ditch the black out panel. personally i dont like the deck and would take off the deck and keep the valance. but i guess you like it so do what you want with the valance. i think it would be missing something if you take off the valance, but it would look good if you took of the deck and left the valance, imo...
-paint calipers red

other than that, good lookin 6. i kinda want a ne now, so wouldnt mind having it if it didnt have the deck lid, I would have done it probably really similar with everything else though...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About the roof... Your call bro... I just don't like the two tone feel to it... Unless it's a vert. :eek:

For the paint, isn't there a color matched rattle can from autozone? I got mine from there for my side scoops.

For the lower vinyl, I like the "either or"... So I guess ditch the lower one.

Another thing... IF EVER you plan on getting fat tires for the rear... Maybe check CL from time to time, who knows they might have 2 deep dish bullitts there... Fat tires + wingless + black tails and decklid = chex!:yes
yea you might be right about the roof... but if i can pick up some vinyl for cheap, i might as well give it a shot.

As for the paint. No automotive place carries a perfect match type of paint. The laser red paint (e9) is a tri-something paint, and is pretty damn expensive (it was like $30 for one rattle can! at a paint shop!

for now i like the decklid, but recently ive found all the rear vinyl to be a little too much, therefore leading to my thoughts on removing the lower one. Who knows, maybe the decklid as well... Except, i think the smoked tail lights i have on the car now would look really good without the decklid, and blacked out tails would look really good with the decklid... So, idk what i want to do lol.

If i every came across some DD bullits with some fat tires, that would be legit, but on this car ill probably just get some spacers and call it a day.

D3, do you still use your spacers?

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
yes, our better laser red paint is not cheap, they use more than 1 coat when doing it.

i think new edges should have bumper insert, lower valance, and tinted tails in the rear, at least mine would...

i dont think he has spaces, his are 18x10

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
much easier!

mark basically said what i was going to say...

-Tint your windows
-lower it.
-either you ditch the lower valence OR ditch the black out panel. personally i dont like the deck and would take off the deck and keep the valance. but i guess you like it so do what you want with the valance. i think it would be missing something if you take off the valance, but it would look good if you took of the deck and left the valance, imo...
-paint calipers red

other than that, good lookin 6. i kinda want a ne now, so wouldnt mind having it if it didnt have the deck lid, I would have done it probably really similar with everything else though...
thanks, hey great minds think alike :drink

yes, our better laser red paint is not cheap, they use more than 1 coat when doing it.

i think new edges should have bumper insert, lower valance, and tinted tails in the rear, at least mine would...

i dont think he has spaces, his are 18x10
hahah if only my laser red didnt fade like a bitch!

i want to say i remember reading that he had some 1.5 inch spacers on his old stock hims back in the day

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Or this.

My 1.5" spacers are gone dude. Gave them to 6ER. A while back for his GT. I don't do spacers anymore...:cool:

I have another pair, 1" though... You don't want those.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not the same color but this is what the rear of a ne should look like to me......slight tinted tails, tinted windows, bumper inserts, and lower valance. with big meats ofcorse.

01MGGT's car

i do like, but i think im still going to remove the lower, and keep the decklid, and then black out my tails
like this, except no lower

so like this but laser red

Or this.

My 1.5" spacers are gone dude. Gave them to 6ER. A while back for his GT. I don't do spacers anymore...:cool:

I have another pair, 1" though... You don't want those.
goddamn 6er... lol
the 1" arent big enough?
and how dark are your tails... blacked out?
Did you use VHT? If so, how many coats?

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
1" isn't thick enough to get that flush look.:no Plus, you'd have to trim your stock wheel studs about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch because they would be protruding from the spacers. Very reason I never used them. :yes

If you do end up getting 1.5" spacers... Be sure to get hub-centric ones... Much safer than those cheap eBay ones like I had back then... Although I NEVER had any problems with them...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1" isn't thick enough to get that flush look.:no Plus, you'd have to trim your stock wheel studs about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch because they would be protruding from the spacers. Very reason I never used them. :yes

If you do end up getting 1.5" spacers... Be sure to get hub-centric ones... Much safer than those cheap eBay ones like I had back then... Although I NEVER had any problems with them...
yea, ive heard that hub-centric is the only way to go.

anyways. answer my tail light question i asked you ^ :yes

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Almost blacked out, but still have pretty good light output at night... Daytime... So-so.

VINYLS from AM. :lmao

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I guess I can't run away from the "how did you black them out?" question, can I?!

I've been ignoring your questions for a while now. Lol

I do wanna be able to go back to stick with no hassle whatsoever.

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts

You're gonna have to pull on your driveway a little sideways after you cut your spring if you plan to keep your chin spoiler scratch-free...;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts