Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, help me figure this out. I have an 07GT-CS that I love and is paid for. However, I'm sweet on this 08 428R at the dealership. Other than the payments any downside to making the swap?

I havn't done any research on the 428 so looking for input.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
what if you SC the car you got now?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in the same boat sorta. Love mt '07 GT, but I am really loving the '08 Shelby GT and I found one for 39k. I hate Ford for doing this to me. LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can supercharge your car, and all the suspension mods and make a better performing car. It wont be a Roush but who ca...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
i say mod yours and make it look like a roush if you like the look that much.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
there will always be something better that comes out that will make you want it, but if you mod it yourself you will really be proud of it. i think the roush is overpriced anyway.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
little story that might be relevant. today a black c5 vette, dont know exactly what year was riding my ass as i was coming up on my exit, he took the exit behind me rode my ass all the way down the exit and then when we got on the highway i just stayed in the slow lane figureing he would blast by, he didnt and he kept riding my ass. so i said **** it and dropped back down a gear, when he heard me, he pulled out into the other lane and tried to go by me, i droped the hammer and didnt let of until 120, he never was able to pass me until i let off. once i let off he got up next to me and was shacking his head giving me the thumbs up. I dont know how fast those vettes are a suppose to be, i think they were like 350 crank, it looked and sounded pretty stock. and i think it was an automatic.

What i know is that it was a damn good feeling to hold him off with a normally aspirated 4.6l that i created.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
^^^great story......the feeling modding your own GT gives you.....priceless!!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Mod your ride that you got now. It'll save you tons of money in the long run. Plus a sense of accomplishment as stated above by 07stanggt

·
Registered
743 Posts
little story that might be relevant. today a black c5 vette, dont know exactly what year was riding my ass as i was coming up on my exit, he took the exit behind me rode my ass all the way down the exit and then when we got on the highway i just stayed in the slow lane figureing he would blast by, he didnt and he kept riding my ass. so i said **** it and dropped back down a gear, when he heard me, he pulled out into the other lane and tried to go by me, i droped the hammer and didnt let of until 120, he never was able to pass me until i let off. once i let off he got up next to me and was shacking his head giving me the thumbs up. I dont know how fast those vettes are a suppose to be, i think they were like 350 crank, it looked and sounded pretty stock. and i think it was an automatic.

What i know is that it was a damn good feeling to hold him off with a normally aspirated 4.6l that i created.
Great story dude....I agree with rest too...mod your own. The reward is a custom mustang with your signature

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all, I appreciate your comments. We have been discussing this all afternoon. Still not sure but my 13 yr old daughter just said "Dad, do you remember when you saw the GT-CS for the first time and the only word you could utter was WOW? She then went on to tell me about the excitement I had when my CAI and tune and then my hurst arrived in the mail. Then she said your car makes you happy. How did she get so smart?

Well i'm still kicking it around but its hard to argue with her logic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mod your ride that you got now. It'll save you tons of money in the long run. Plus a sense of accomplishment as stated above by 07stanggt
USA have you been to Joe Cooper in MWC, it's the red 428 on the floor.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Just mod the car you have now. The Roush blower sucks anyway. You could build a far superior car for far less money.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You got to ask yourself what your future plans are with either car . If you want a sweet factory built car that turns heads and will probably go up in value go for the roush. If you want to create your own beast that you will defiantly never get back the cash you sink in it mod the crap out of what you got. Just keep posting pictures after your mods.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts