Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some issues here lately with my Pony. It was throwing codes P0172 & P0175. I changed the fuel filter and plugs...seem to ride good but would still throw those two codes.

Well yesterday while driving the car would hesitate/bog down for a second or two and then snap back to normal driving conditions. It would do this every so often but not frequently or with anything I could associate it with. It would hesitate/bog down under acceleration or while crusising. I checked the codes that were thrown and these are them:

P0190
P1132
P1152
P0172
P0175

It's a 2000 V6 3.8L 5spd Manual.

I am totally at a loss. I don't really want to take it to the mechanic if it's something I could tackle. If it's not something I can tackle I will take it to a mechanic. But would really like to trouble shoot this and find out what is the cause/problem without throwing money at it and hoping.

Thanks for your help with this in advance!!!!

William

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
P0190 FRP Sensor Signal Low.
P1132 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 1.
P1152 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 2.
P0172 System Too Rich - Bank No. 1.
P0175 System Too Rich - Bank No. 2.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
P0190 FRP Sensor Signal Low.
P1132 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 1.
P1152 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 2.
P0172 System Too Rich - Bank No. 1.
P0175 System Too Rich - Bank No. 2.
you need two new o2 sensors

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts