Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
keep them both stock and put money into something that really counts like sticky tires.

·
Registered
403 Posts
+1^^ or LCAs. Sticky tires and some suspenshy are the best for a quick cheap gain on the 1/4 and 60ft.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
TB and Plenum will net you more gain. UDP's are debatable. I think they do add hp but the gain is like 3whp. Where as a good TB/Plenum can gain you 10whp or more.
The testing I read a few years ago showed that a TB/Plenum gets you between 2-3 rwhp.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Really? I've seen some people gain 10whp. Not peak that is. and I think gaining power across the powerband helps more.
You've seen the before and after dynos?

I once heard someone say they saw someone gain 45 rwhp with long-tubes. After getting a little more information, we learned that the car indeed gained 45 rwhp. It was an '03 Cobra that put on long-tubes... and changed a pulley and got a new tune.

A few years ago an engineering student in California did before and after dynos of several TB/Plenum on a stock motor. Accufab did show the biggest gain - 3 rwhp. You can get more than that on built high performance motors.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You've seen the before and after dynos?

I once heard someone say they saw someone gain 45 rwhp with long-tubes. After getting a little more information, we learned that the car indeed gained 45 rwhp. It was an '03 Cobra that put on long-tubes... and changed a pulley and got a new tune.

A few years ago an engineering student in California did before and after dynos of several TB/Plenum on a stock motor. Accufab did show the biggest gain - 3 rwhp. You can get more than that on built high performance motors.
Or if you run a blower like you or myself you would see a larger gain as well. But ultimately heads and cams would be the absolute best increase with a TB and plenum. (Thanks to Stal94 for enlightening me on that)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love how a the original questions was "throttle body, plenum, or pulleys?" and one answers was sticky tires. Im sure when you got your first mustang the first thing on your mind was sticky tires LOL!!!!!!! Sticky tires are a must however, but if you are running a stock gt sticky tires are pointless. go with the TB and plenum!!!! Quick, fairly cheap, easy to install, and good gains.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts