Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a jlt cai with the 91 octane tune and bassani axxle backs. i am looking for a little more power and i was wondering if doing both a throttle body and throttle body spacer wouild be worth it or if that would be too much flow into the motor. any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Both are a waste of money.
If you want something worth it try Delete plates and underdrive pulleys.

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
Waste of your cash!

·
Registered
7 Posts
the only good that comes from a TB spacer is better throttle response (not much)Larger TB is a huge waist of cash !!

Best thing SFI underdrives from Summitt racing ..

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
TB spacer is pretty much a nice paper weight and the TBs are more hassle then they're worth. Pullies and delete plates would be good ways to add alittle more power.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
if you get a TB get a GT500.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Throttle body spacer, a complete waste of money. Ported chrome muffler bearings would be a better buy!

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Oh but the T/B spacer makes a super cool whistle that attracts all dogs for up to a mile!

·
Registered
237 Posts
what do pulleys do and what are delete plates
Underdrive pulleys (UDP's) reduce the number of times your accessories spin with each rotation of the motor, which reduces parasitic drag (i.e., frees up more power to the rear wheels).

Delete plates increase airflow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
+1 to the above but, I did find the delete plates pushed peak power up the rpm range. Until I got my new cams, I had just bolted on every induction mod and a windage tray. I found I had a power band from 3500rpm. The Comp NSR cams have smoothed the whole act out and she runs like a raped ape now
:cool:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
+1 to the above but, I did find the delete plates pushed peak power up the rpm range. Until I got my new cams, I had just bolted on every induction mod and a windage tray. I found I had a power band from 3500rpm. The Comp NSR cams have smoothed the whole act out and she runs like a raped ape now
:cool:
i've never seen a raped ape before, but i dont dont watch the national geographic either, but i can imagine they run pretty fast.:confused:

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Why would that make any difference?
2 reasons, the gt500 throttle body has a larger bore and is a properly calibrated Ford product.

The main trouble with the aftermarket TB's are their gear mechanisms. They hitch and move poorly on the drivebywire cars, which in turn becomes trouble some in tuning. They are not built the same mechanically.

The stock TB's have worked well to 550-600, unless you have a built short block no real need to spend that money now.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
i currently have a jlt cai with the 91 octane tune and bassani axxle backs. i am looking for a little more power and i was wondering if doing both a throttle body and throttle body spacer wouild be worth it or if that would be too much flow into the motor. any input would be greatly appreciated!
Steeda underdrive pulleys are without question the best.

Dont count out shorty headers either if you dont want to spend the cash for long tubes, they are direct bolt on and good mid range hp and tq gains.

I wouldnt do delete plates yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts