Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing quite a bit of research and the feeling are mixed. I need to squash rumors.

LMPerformance states that BBK 75mm TB are standard on Stage3 Roush, if that's true and if Roush uses it, is it good enough? Lots of folks are using Professional Products and are happy. JLT which is down the road uses and sells them and nobody has complained or returned them. Accufab are pure billet and machine cut, thats why they are expensive, but do they offer better products. I know of MAC parts and they seem to be good but haven't heard about their TB's.

Maybe everyone can contribute and smash some rumors and state facts, dislikes and positives.

Things in worried about are sticking, high/rough idle, and whistling/odd noises and solid fitment.

Feel free to voice your personal opinion only if you own the product.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
I've been doing quite a bit of research and the feeling are mixed. I need to squash rumors.

LMPerformance states that BBK 75mm TB are standard on Stage3 Roush, if that's true and if Roush uses it, is it good enough? Lots of folks are using Professional Products and are happy. JLT which is down the road uses and sells them and nobody has complained or returned them. Accufab are pure billet and machine cut, thats why they are expensive, but do they offer better products. I know of MAC parts and they seem to be good but haven't heard about their TB's.

Maybe everyone can contribute and smash some rumors and state facts, dislikes and positives.

Things in worried about are sticking, high/rough idle, and whistling/odd noises and solid fitment.

Feel free to voice your personal opinion only if you own the product.
got a BBK 75mm TB. no issues, haven't had it stick or anything. Professional Products makes decent stuff from what i hear. as far as TB's and Plenums, it seems that Accufab makes the best one. not that there's anything wrong with the others...
where are you located that JLT is down the road? i picked mine up right from Jay's shop...

·
Sheep Dog
434 Posts
Im runnin a 75mm BBK too, no problems and i believe you are right about them bein on the Roush, mine says roush right on it.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i have a MAC 75mm and mine was sticking really bad when it would get warmed up...i should have just bought an Accufab

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Purchased a PP TB

After purchasing the TB by Professional Products, I'm fairly happy. If sticking means the slight sticking when you initially press the throttle. Then yes i've got a minor case of it. Hopefully it disappears!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Professional Products 70 mm throttle body on my '03. No problems! They are basically all similar, have seen many different brands used in magazine dyno tests and none stands out above the crowd!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
put the old one back on for now...thats what i had to do. Mine was sticking so bad it was throwing codes...im going to get an accufab this time

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sticking has been fixed. Adjust the throttle screw out, don't open too far or you will get a hanging idle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just put a Accufab on 70MM on our track car fit great good hardware looks good (not that matters on the race car) easy to install and no sticking we are pleased with it. We are putting injectors in tommorwo then getting it tuned next week will let you know after that but a of right now i will recomend Accufab

1 - 13 of 13 Posts