Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with enging off, can you fully open the valve and spray carb and choke cleaner inside the throttle body and behind the valves, and still have the car start? or do u have to wait for it to dry?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
depends on how much you spray in there. Better idea would be to take the upper intake off.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
do it while the car is running spray it in there while u rev it just dont let it stall and it will clean the throttle body intake and valves

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
do it while the car is running spray it in there while u rev it just dont let it stall and it will clean the throttle body intake and valves
thats cool.....didnt know all that.....i always heard to have to car turned off while your spraying it

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Well you know how flammable that stuff is...now imagine a backfire due to the overly rich condition you are causing...That would be the reason no to do it while the car is running.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
thats kinda what i thot.......have you actually done it that way sean

·
Registered
29 Posts
i actually did this on my ranger not to long ago after i did it the ranger didnt want to start as good and the idle was a little off idk if this is bcuz my ranger is a P.O.S. or if it didnt for other reasons but if its for the 5.0 personally i would take my time and do it the right way its only an intake and that way you be able to check other things while your in there

·
Registered
334 Posts
seafoam?

if you're just wanting to clean the TB, take it off, clean it, reinstall it............... a tb takes about 5 minutes to pop off

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
say i do take off the throttle body. are there anythings that i need to be aware of so that i dont screw things up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts