Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is probably a stupid question but im not quite sure of this. If i put a Accufab throttle body on the mach would it mess up my tune? Im pretty sure it wouldnt **** with my afr but i dont want to take the chance

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
It should do just fine. If you want you can post in the 4v section and see what they say but i dont see any problems coming with the ratio

·
Registered
118 Posts
it will be fine. dont worry about it. it will throw things off. but not significantly enough to notice anything or worry about damage to the motor

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
shouldn't be that big a deal...just a tb/plenum.

btw nice quarter mile time...mid 12's, almost low 12's, with just bolt ons...nice

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I hope to be around that next summer :)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Think he was confused with the gt intake that has a plenum.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i dunno i was just thinking tb/plenum together...if you don't see a plenum listed anywhere for a mach then its probably not something that goes on a mach...considering yall use the shaker setup and what not

^^yes exactly...

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yeah machs use a totally different intake all together considering they are a 4v. its kinda like a n/a cobra style

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
t/b? what hp you making? the stocker is plenty for n/a applications, i would port the stocker if anything. aftermarket t/b's arent worth the $$ unless you are making a lot of power or boosted.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
93 hatch, just M/T radials. im gonna go to bradington in a month with a bunch of friends and their cars and see what the car will run since it will be cooler outside. 12.48 was during this summer.

sweet2kstang- the hp and tq is in my sig. thanks for the info man. Ill keep that in mind. i wanted do some more things N/A besides cams but looks like i dont have an option. I'm getting cams, smaller pulley, crank pulley, intake, gears, exhaust for the 427r instead of putting a vortech on the mach.its cheaper.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have ported several of the t/b's and they do very well. the induction on the 4v's arent all that restricive for the most part. having the intake manifold ported will yeild power as well. another thing you could look at is a spacer as well. i have mochboy's car down right now, and i should have it going soon depending on if the machine shop car repair his head. he will be putting down some really good numbers soon, i cant wait to see what it will do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts