Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 mustang gt full 3 in exhaust no cats bbk cold air intake and a superchip tune....would a 78mm bbk throttlebody
BBK Mustang Throttle Intake - JEGS
This is the link to it and my question is...would this help increase my performance or is this to big for my vehicle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was looking into it quite a bit but just didnt know if it would help the car being a 78mm i just dynoed my car and made 263hp and 294trq and trying to break 300hp on simple mods

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh i know just want to get all simple and esy stuff done then do little more power was thinking bout boosting but not sure i head on3 performance is a good company to go through

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there here in ohio and alot of ppl i know go through them around here just heard there good but i am still do research on what to do

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The On3 Kit is actually quite popular here. I know of bunch of guys here run it. Great starter kit for the price.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I have the 78mm throttle body and quite like it. 78mm is overkill for a NA vehicle, as the air entering the intake manifold should optimize for both flow volume as well as velocity (larger flow cross-section means lower velocity with a constant flow volume). It does make your throttle more sensitive though, which is why I like it. I'm sure for a boosted car it'd be excellent.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I emailed BBK a while back asking them how their TB compared to Accufab, since they have the best flowing TB/plenum. BBK told me they didnt test the flow. In a product that is designed to flow air not testing CFM is either incompetence or stupidity. Either way it doesnt give me much faith in their product.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
They are all better than stock. You will get 2-3 rwhp with a tb/plenum upgrade. The best is Accufab. It's the 3 rwhp. If I remember correctly, the BBK 75mm combo got 2 1/2 on a stock motor. The 78mm is a fairly new product.

·
Registered
929 Posts
78mm is not too big....but also not required on your application & mods. If you just get an aftermarket plenum (assuming you still have the factory piece) and use the factory TB you should be fine.

That said, the BBK 78mm is a nice set up, looks killer & is plenty to support future upgrades like F/I, cams, heads, etc. 263/294 is pretty impressive for your mods IMO!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i was suprised with the power i got i seen on you tube a stock stang getting like 180 rwhp with just exhaust and was suprised and thought id get lower but im happy with what i got for such little mods

1 - 14 of 14 Posts