Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run a GT500 throttle body on my GT? I bought one for my supercharger build but I was curious as to if it would work.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can't bolt it on directly since it's designed for the 5.4 intake manifold. You can buy an adapter plate from Blow By Racing for about $80

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not going to bother with the adapter plate since my supercharger is going on next month.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
What supercharger are you getting Aaron?

·
Registered
267 Posts
If I put this on my car, would there be any noticeable gains with using the Vortech?
Depends how much HP you are putting out. If you're over 500 then probably. Otherwise no...you will probably get a more sensitive throttle and maybe a bit more power down low (at least it will feel like it). Bigger openings mean it lets in more air at, say 25% than a stock TB will.

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
Depends how much HP you are putting out. If you're over 500 then probably. Otherwise no...you will probably get a more sensitive throttle and maybe a bit more power down low (at least it will feel like it). Bigger openings mean it lets in more air at, say 25% than a stock TB will.
Well, right now I am at 475. I do have the frowned upon BBK 62mm throttle body.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I believe the stock GT500 TB is smaller than the BBK. Probably more reliable though

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
the gains will be about 5rwp not that great so if your going to to the tb do it as a piece of the puzzle of the monster you are building,to work along side bigger mods or you will be let down

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
Yeah, that was my idea. I am not interested in it being a drastic gain, just a good support to when I eventually get a HO kit for my Vortech and so forth.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
^

From what I've read, worrying about a TB on a centri or turbo isn't as important as a PD blower. Your supercharger is gonna force that air in either way. Also, you are making enough power right now to window your block. Don't waste money on a TB. Thats money that could go towards a built motor

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
^

From what I've read, worrying about a TB on a centri or turbo isn't as important as a PD blower. Your supercharger is gonna force that air in either way. Also, you are making enough power right now to window your block. Don't waste money on a TB. Thats money that could go towards a built motor
In a year or two and when the money is right, I am gonna be looking into a new block. I do have my eye on the Brenspeed B326.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Nice! When are we throwing that bad boy on your car?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yes but you will need a tune to compensate for it.

2005 MYs can actually add the OEM GT500 TB without a tune.

^

Basically how it works.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts