Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating between getting a 70mm or 75mm throttle body but have been hearing that the 75mm was only for heavily modified cars. Im running slp lm2's, high flow catted x pipe, and a bbk cold air. im leaning towards the 70mm but was wondering also wondering would i need to get a tuner as well?

·
Registered
617 Posts
yea i believe 70mm is for N/A cars and 75mm for boosted

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
70mm!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
what do you plan on doing later to your car,if your staying mostly stock,70mm if you plan on going boosted then 75mm

·
Registered
314 Posts
yea get the 75 now if you got bigg plans for the car:yes

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Read this first...

The OEM plenum is the weak link, if you need to do things incrementally I'd get an after market plenum first, then a TB.

A 75mm TB is a bit of overkill on an n/a setup, however in practical terms it will only affect things at WOT and lower RPMs where there may be a bit of bogging--backing off a bit from WOT will get things moving again in this instance.

I got a 70mm and figured that if I was to go f/i then buying a 75mm TB for $90, and selling the 70mm TB for $50 on eBay, would be a $40 net cost--a very small chunk of what it will cost for a f/i setup...

As to needing a tuner, there won't be much to show for a TB/plenum without a tune--a bit better response up to redline is about it. The OEM 87 octane tune is very conservative, I recommend doing an exhaust upgrade first, then a tuner, then gears or TB/plenum, if you want butt-dyno detectable increases...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that link really helped out a lot..I think Im just gonna get the 70mm and the plenum for now.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yeah, do that and get a 93-octane tune (dyno tune) and you'll pick up about a dozen rwhp. That was my experience anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.