Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring is almost hear and looking forward to spend some money I have been saving over the winter. Wanting to improve the whole air intake. Question about throttle body spacers. Are all brands the same or is one better than the other, or not worth the time & $$. For under $100 seems like it would be a good cheap mod if it does make a difference. Already decided on the CAI I want & changing out the throttle body itself. Any insight would be great.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
it wont help. throttle body isnt worth the money either unless you pick one up used for cheap

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks for the help. Wasn't sure. Fairly new to this mod thing. Never really was mod guy until I got my Mustang. Learning as I go.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Mrperple, Throttle body spacer will pretty much do nothing for your car. spend that money somewhere else brotha!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
the only type of spacers that do any good are ones called thermal spacers, which is not what those spacers are. thermal spacers are a good mod in the fact that their purpose is to lower the intake manifold temperature

·
Registered
597 Posts
Friends don't let friends get spacers! dont do it man. Your best money will be spend on a good CAI and Tuner. I recommend JLT CAI and SCT Custom Tuner from AmericanMuscle.com :D

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
:withstupid

·
Registered
597 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Friends don't let friends get spacers! dont do it man. Your best money will be spend on a good CAI and Tuner. I recommend JLT CAI and SCT Custom Tuner from AmericanMuscle.com :D
+1 spacers dont do **** take that 80 bucks or whatever it is and get yourself some hids from ddm tuning i got the jlt intake and tune and it does make a nice difference

·
Registered
584 Posts
+1 spacers dont do **** take that 80 bucks or whatever it is and get yourself some hids from ddm tuning i got the jlt intake and tune and it does make a nice difference
This

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help guys!! Just saved me 80 bucks. Had every intention on getting the JLT CAI w/ a bama tune. I'll put that money towards a gear swap. Thinking about 3:73 w/ a Tlock.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys!! Just saved me 80 bucks. Had every intention on getting the JLT CAI w/ a bama tune. I'll put that money towards a gear swap. Thinking about 3:73 w/ a Tlock.
I would recommend getting an 8.8 rear with the 3.73's if you ever plan on forced induction (turbo or supercharger) the cost is fairly close to gears and t-lok + installation. look at OEM Parts & OEM Wheels - Original Equipment Parts from NewTakeOff for the 8.8 and also look at Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle for the price of gears and t-lok, a shim kit is also needed for the install.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would recommend getting an 8.8 rear with the 3.73's if you ever plan on forced induction (turbo or supercharger) the cost is fairly close to gears and t-lok + installation. look at OEM Parts & OEM Wheels - Original Equipment Parts from NewTakeOff for the 8.8 and also look at Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle for the price of gears and t-lok, a shim kit is also needed for the install.
8.8 with 3.73s was probably my favorite mod to date. Livens up the car a lot

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
would you guys suggest a throttle body also with the cold air, or just leave the stock one one? nevermind the spacer.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Just remember, you're going to need the tuner to reprogram your computer for the gears or else your tach and speedo are going to be quite a ways off.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what are hids?? & ddm tuning??
HIDs are high intensity discharge headlights. Much brighter than halogen bulbs. You probably see people with them all the time, they're the lights that look brighter and are generally slightly colored (since I don't see a lot of people going with 5000k bulbs). DDM Tuning is a company that sells quality HID kits for less than a lot of crappy ebay HID kits.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea mcqueen beat me to it it was so unrelated to the convo i thought it would be funny. But yea hids are the lights that you see that are a bright white to blue i just said them because you could pick up a nice kit from ddm for your heads and fogs for around the same price as a throttle body spacer. Alot of people do it and it makes a huge difference apperance wise especially at night obviously theyre believe or or not one of my favorite appearance mods.

Those are mine and sorry for the randomness i get bored

1 - 20 of 32 Posts