Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Automatic and am buying a BBK 65mm Throttle Body hopefully this week. I read about how a throttle body spacer can increase low end torque and mpgs and at $100 thats not bad but before i waste that money i was wondering if anyone can verify that or if its a waste.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
I have a 1999 Automatic and am buying a BBK 65mm Throttle Body hopefully this week. I read about how a throttle body spacer can increase low end torque and mpgs and at $100 thats not bad but before i waste that money i was wondering if anyone can verify that or if its a waste.
Dont waste your money.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Skip both. Your stock TB flows all the air your engine needs unless you have a supercharger or turbo sitting in your garage waiting to be installed. And the TB spacer is just a paper weight. No real gains from it.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Skip both. Your stock TB flows all the air your engine needs unless you have a supercharger or turbo sitting in your garage waiting to be installed. And the TB spacer is just a paper weight. No real gains from it.
agreed dont waste your money on either nuff said.

·
Efficiency is Performance
1,214 Posts
Not for $100, especially not for those claims. No it will not improve torque or mpg.

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
Useless. Sorry.

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
Buy an intake manifold spacer if you want a spacer of any kind. At least that is not useless.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Buy an intake manifold spacer if you want a spacer of any kind. At least that is not useless.
This. any other spacer makes no sense to get. unless wheel spacers....but thats a different story.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Yeah I got nice gain from my Intake spacer

03cristian

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
which intake spacer would you recomend than
You are not going to see any real gains from an intake spacer. You are better off getting a good exhaust system and a tune. Bolt ons do very little for these cars, at least with exhaust you are left with something that sounds good and adds a little hp up top.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Vap auto sells them

03cristian

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Get a midpipe to replace the crap backwards Y pipe that the force 2 has. Or have a shop divorce them. Get a CAI from americanmuscle for 70 bucks and a tuner from sct there's like 10-20 horsepower for ya. (From what I've seen)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i def cant divorece the cause its welded tht way but it that worth the money fo someone at a shop to do and im getting a k&n CAI

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Do not waste your money on the k&n, the air filter is oiled, you don't want that. Plus, the 70$ one will flow just as much air if not more than the 250$ k&n intake.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts