Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i pulled the new throttle body off ...cleaned IAC, throttle still sticking. Should i try and and exchange it or just bite the bullet and get another new one? Its a Mac 75 mm that i got from brenspeed...

·
Registered
56 Posts
how old is it ? if its not that old you damn right i would exchange it! or just sell it to some 16 year old kid at the flea market :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
exactly what happens when it sticks...my accufab will stick when i first start up the car and by this i mean its got a hard spot at the very beginning of pushing the pedal..i have to stab it once every time i start it...i was told it was because of vaccum pressure

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats exactly what its doing...except it constantly sticks and it makes the car jump when i just barely tap the gas in any gear...

·
Registered
468 Posts
how long have u had it on there...mine did that for a couple days when it was new now it only does it at start up...i remember peeling out everywhere when it was new haha

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
exactly what happens when it sticks...my accufab will stick when i first start up the car and by this i mean its got a hard spot at the very beginning of pushing the pedal..i have to stab it once every time i start it...i was told it was because of vaccum pressure
+1

I could feel my BBK stick when it was fully closed and I tried to accelerate slowly. I opened the butterfly a little (maybe 1/8 of a turn on the set screw) and it went away. This didn't affect the idle at all since the IAC controls the idle. I also took the plastic insert out of my throttle return spring.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see thats what has me kinda stumped...i tried adjusting the set screw didnt do anything.... the idle still sticks around 1500 rpms for a second... ive had it on for a week... its sticking right when i start to accelerate...so i have done some unwanted peeel outs too

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah my car idled high for a while too...computer has to learn

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
see thats what has me kinda stumped...i tried adjusting the set screw didnt do anything.... the idle still sticks around 1500 rpms for a second... ive had it on for a week... its sticking right when i start to accelerate...so i have done some unwanted peeel outs too
my PP TB did the same thing I just removed the black plastic thing in the spring for the throttle and stretched out the spring a little bit goes in like butter!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it feels like there is slack in my throttle cable ...is that normal?

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
The same exact thing was happening to me when I put a BBK on, it bugged the hell out of me. I cleaned it out but it didn't help. Put a new tb cable in and no more sticking.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
It's a MAC, man. Expect problems. They have a very loose QC program from what I have seen from their products. The throttle blade is probably just a hair larger than it should be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Extremely common problem with both mac and bbk t/b's I have seen it a hundred times and if you look on bbk's website under tech concerns they will tell you its normal due to an increase in the surface area on the t/b blade allowing more negative pressure which inturn creates a flat spot untill you actually move the throttle. many people have tried many differrent solutions but the bottom line is 75mm is to big for an na car with no pa. On another note I have an accufab t/b and have no issues at all quality does play a part as ac stated above Chris

·
Registered
339 Posts
Take Off The Cruise Control,see If That Works.
That Was My Problem,i Never Use Cruise Control Anyway!!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I have a BBK TB/Plenum. I noticed that the throttle stuck a little when the motor was running but not when is wasn't. I opened the hood and operated the throttle manually. It stuck only when going from full closed to open using a light throttle movement. I used the set screw and opened the butterfly valve slightly to get rid of the vacumn lock. Problem solved. On an old carburator system I would have thought I was changing the idle. But on our Mustangs the idle is controled by the IAC.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a BBK TB/Plenum. I noticed that the throttle stuck a little when the motor was running but not when is wasn't. I opened the hood and operated the throttle manually. It stuck only when going from full closed to open using a light throttle movement. I used the set screw and opened the butterfly valve slightly to get rid of the vacumn lock. Problem solved. On an old carburator system I would have thought I was changing the idle. But on our Mustangs the idle is controled by the IAC.
if this doesnt work im buying an accufab 70mm....ive...cleaned IAC....disconnected cruise control...took the whole thing off and put it back on ....if this doesnt work im buying an accufab

1 - 19 of 19 Posts