Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am new and have been reading as much as i can to learn but i have a problem. i bought my 03 gt with a throttle body spacer, now is it worth getting a complete new tb an d plenum?and if i should, should i put the spacer back on the tb. and also would a new maf be worth it?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
most spacers are set up for the stock 65mm tb's. if you go larger, then it will be a choking point. the spacers arent really a worth while mod.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It's not going to hurt you, just give you more room to grow in the future.

·
Registered
114 Posts
some say you lose a little torque, but nothing your going to notice, if i were going to buy one i would go with 75mm its not going to hurt especially if you add on later

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
id go with 70mm, im assuming 75mm is too large for your stang (Post your mods) but if you planning on upgrading the internals and several other things in the near future then go with the 75mm if not go with the 70mm you will benefit from it better as for the maf im always hearing different things some say its bs and other say its great but what it really come down to is your set up plus you need a tuner to get its full potential thats really your call (i dont have an upgraded maf) i know mmr has the 90mm lightning maf for like 130 or 150 something like that if your wondering where to purchase it from

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You stock MAF is good to about 350 rwhp.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
(cough) I have a accufab 75mm for sale in classifieds (cough).

If you have minimal mods a 70mm will be best (as some said, you will get gains either way though). But if you plan on growing to all bolt ons, it won't hurt. And if you go further than bolt ons, then you will get more gains than a 70mm.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
but would it be worth buying a new maf?
DO NOT buy a new MAF. buying a larger maf is completely unnecessary unless you are making about 400RWHP and even at that you might not need one. unless you peg the stock one there is no benefit in getting a larger one and its pretty near impossible for a N/A mustang to peg the stock one. even at 400 RWHP you would still need to datalog your MAF counts to see if you really do need an upgraded one. upgrading now will lean out your car. leaning out your car will blow your engine unless you retune on a dyno for another few hundred dollars. then after you retune the gains from the MAF will be lost by retuning.

moral of the story is dont upgrade until your current one becomes a restriction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts