Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone had any luck with the ford racing 70mm throttle body? And I was wondering the ford racing book say they fit 96 to 04 but the mustangs unlimited says they fit the 96 to 01 who is right?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have one on my '04. Came with the TPS already mounted. Took all of 1/2hour to install, including the test drive. OEM quality and works/idles perfect.
I am very pleased with it, considering it was only like $75.

FYI: there is is small machined shoulder in the bore, just in front of the blade, where Ford bored the 65mm out to 70mm from the back side. It probably has little effect on flow (and is way better than the factory 65mm), but if I had it to do over, I probably would have spent the extra money and went with a Pro-Products. Just food for thought.........

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
the gains you will see are in the plenum, the stock tb isnt too bad actually for most cars fyi

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Didn't know bbk made TVs

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Lol. Like the face. It's a nice touch rather than the overplayed emoticons :D

Oops

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
re-check post #3 and take that into consideration bc many has said it before. the restiction is more so in the plenum not the tb.

·
Registered
929 Posts
the gains you will see are in the plenum, the stock tb isnt too bad actually for most cars fyi
^ This

I felt a noticable improvement in the upper RPM when I added my TFS plenum and reused the factory 65mm TB. Then, when I upgraded to the 70mm TB, I can't say I really noticed. It was more of an "insurance" thing...just to make sure the TB was not a restriction and in anticipation of future mods. And, it was cheap. If you still have the factory plenum, going to a 70mm TB will give you very little (if any) improvement. Good call for 86er & Rockwell29!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts