Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I have a stock engine I think far as I know

What exactly is a throttle body if someone could explain to me what it is and it does thanks much

sorry im tryin to learn guys

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
basically put.. it's attached to your gas petal.

when you push down the gas petal it tightens the cable which opens the throttle blade thus allowing your motor to suck in air.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
it's that big chunk of metal between your air intake tube and your upper intake manifold

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
while on this subject whats the biggest throttle body you can put on the stock intake

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it's that big chunk of metal between your air intake tube and your upper intake manifold
well part of that is the egr

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
flow more air

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how much does it help and what size should i put on mine l8r on down the road

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
that all depends on the rest of your buildup.....i couldnt tell you exact horsepower number.....if you keep stock intake tube and stock intake manifold something like a throttle body isnt gona help a whole lot because of the restrictions from the other two......almost everything on an engine needs to be built to work together....not just random performance parts but thats what this forum is here for is to help you out on those kinda decisions

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awsome well i will bring this up later on down the road when I have her good and strong and when im ready to make her ROAR

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
come on doc......i know you know the biggest throttle body you can fit on a stock intake

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Really?.......i would have thot that would mount up.....thats cool tho

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
basically put.. it's attached to your gas petal.

when you push down the gas petal it tightens the cable which opens the throttle blade thus allowing your motor to suck in air.
it does not tighten the cable it pulls it:eek:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
note that bigger isn't always better

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it will be more the engine im building though......408

1 - 16 of 16 Posts