Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why are the throttle bodies a waste of money?whats makes them bad?and also what bout the gt500 throuttle body how is that one?

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
The stock throttle body is fine all the up to like 600 hp. You dont gain much hp and they cause lots of problems. Ide say 1 out of 10 people are lucky enough for them to work correctly.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
They have trouble tuning them. Not many tuners know how to tune the new throttlebodies. None of them are junk but they really aren't needed unless your are supercharged and trying for 600 rwhp. The stock one becomes a restriction at 550 rwhp, so most people don't really need one for the head ache.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have jlt CAI superchips 93 octane tune(but im going to change to a brenspeed tune) bassani x pipe and axle back....in a bout 2 weeks im getting the gt500kr hood and udp's

·
Registered
101 Posts
As stated before, throttle body is more of a headache than not unless you're in the extreme horsepower range. I am having absolutely no issues with mine being a restriction at the 448RWHP mark. The money can best be spent elsewhere on your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts