Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up my throttle cable mod. For those of you that don't know it's where you put a nylon spacer around the throttle cable in between the top of the gas pedal and the end of the throttle cable. So much better throttle response with it on now.

·
Registered
890 Posts
....... I used little metal washers

·
Registered
508 Posts
Might have to check into that when I go to put my intake back on. Is there a link to that mod, or pics? :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Cool! It will give me something to do tomorrow while the paint is drying on my intake. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
great mod. I've been meaning to do it to my car mostly because the throttle pedal sat so far below the brake pedal it made rev matching heel/toe on the road track very difficult.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
great mod. I've been meaning to do it to my car mostly because the throttle pedal sat so far below the brake pedal it made rev matching heel/toe on the road track very difficult.
+1...I did this to my GT and loved having the throttle sit up even with the brake. I just havent got around to doing it to the Cobra, and as you mentioned, rev matching is damn near impossible with the throttle sitting on the floor:eek:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good! I've felt like my throttle response lately has been similar to an automatics when I floor it and it's really annoying.

But this looks complex. Is it more simple than it looks in the pictures?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Its not complex at all...it can be done in under 5 minutes. IT just sucks for bigger people because you have lay on your back in the floor, wedged between the seat and the door.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not complex at all...it can be done in under 5 minutes. IT just sucks for bigger people because you have lay on your back in the floor, wedged between the seat and the door.
The preparation takes longer if you use a nylon spacer. You have to cut a slit along it so it will fit over the cable. If you use zip ties rather than hose clamps this job should take you no more than 3 minutes.

Lift gas pedal (lift not press, so opposite of what your foot does)
Pull slack on cable
Place spacer on cable
Put ties/clamps on

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I may do mine today...Will probably pull the front seats out and steam the carpet while im at it. Im 6' 1"/248 lbs...its a pain in the ass to climb up under my dash with the seat in!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
just remember with this mod, you can put the pedal all the way to the floor. WOT is before the floor now, when pushing to the floor it will start stretching the cable

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
just remember with this mod, you can put the pedal all the way to the floor. WOT is before the floor now, when pushing to the floor it will start stretching the cable
+1...Thats one reason I used rubber hose on my GT instead of a nylon spacer. At least the hose has a little give in it if you get too carried away...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts