Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am installing my 75mm tb and plenum soon and was wondering if i had to adjust it or what would make me have to. and also any tips to help a ratard install it

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the tps on the cars arent adjustable. a little hint, change it after driving when its still warm under the hood. it will help get the screws out with it being warm. the screws a usually a pain in the ass to get out, and the heat helps out.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Make sure you take close watch of how you take the TPS off the TB. It has to be preloaded when you put it on, and you need to watch which way it spins so you can put back on correctly. If you dont, it will break and you will have to go buy a new one from the dealership. about 75 bucks. Know from experience :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Make sure you take close watch of how you take the TPS off the TB. It has to be preloaded when you put it on, and you need to watch which way it spins so you can put back on correctly. If you dont, it will break and you will have to go buy a new one from the dealership. about 75 bucks. Know from experience :)
Whoa preload? i swapped my tps over to my new throttle body and i didn't do that... It runs fine though, but if it breaks i guess i'll know why lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
also before you take it out, after driving the car and letting it warm up and idle, take a multimeter and check the reference voltage on the wire to see what its at. it should be about .96 - 1. when you go to put your TB on and then the TPS you want to make sure that it is the same as before or you can have idling problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts