Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 v6 automatic, ok so, every now and then when i decide to push down on the throttle hard a little bit, my car (in a way stalls?) doesn't accelerate but the RPM shoots up as if it was. I wonder if it's a throttle body issue, ive never cleaned it or replaced it..? any help or advice? thanks guys

·
Registered
662 Posts
sounds like a transmission issue to me. obviously if you hit the gas like how you described and the rpms shoot up it means that the motor is getting air and fuel. so the TB is out of the question. your tranny is the culprit here

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****, well... that's not good if it's the transmission i assume.. do you think it would have to be replaced , or is there a simpler fix ?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah, that definitely sounds transmission related. Hopefully someone who knows more about automatic transmissions can post up some helpful info.

·
Registered
662 Posts
im not exactly sure what could cause this because im not very good with auto's but i know there have been people on here with very similar problems. just do a little research. its more common than you think

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have an auto. Here's the deal, your car thinks it needs to down shift and thats what caused the rpms to shoot up. The reason ts not "taking off" is you may have dirty injectors and the cars not getting enough fuel/air. Changed/cleaned your air filter lately?

Check/change your transmission fluid.

Any other "odd" behaviors from the car? Slippage, grinding, jerking at cruising around town speeds, anything not normal.

Mileage on the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts