Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got my king cobra clutch kit in and it came with pressure plate, clutch disc, throwout bearing, clutch alignment tool.......well the throwout bearing is miss aligned or something......not sure if its messed up or not.....could you guys tell me if i should try and pop it back it place or what.....i think the pressure plate probly landed on it during shipping

·
Registered
638 Posts
Try to pop it inm its a cheap part that any autozone or advanced would have. If something happens or it is f'd up just get a new one they're like 10 bucks. I just bought one from advanced, it even came already greased :). And if you need pilot bearing it comes with a kit and everything you need.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
ya same thing with 93hatch he thought it was effed up then i moved it where it needed to be. lol it will move just squeeze it back into place... it is fine....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i figured i could get it back in place with a lil force.....i just wanted to see if a lil force would be ok to put on it

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
hahahahah dude sean made me feel like an idiot, i emailed and called american muscle and **** and was bouta buy a new one, oh and in case you care i love the dam clutch its perfect

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
and wtf mine didnt come with a clutch alignment tool:(

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
hopefully this cable fixes mine or i am gonna have to get a new clutch too..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
hey james why is your name 93hatch when u have a 92????

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
my friends is a 92, with the afr heads and the typhoon intake

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and wtf mine didnt come with a clutch alignment tool:(
i got mine off eday......it was the cheapest place i could find the king cobra......i think it was around 180 after shipping and it was also one of the only ones that came with the alignment tool so i thot it was a win win situation

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
i got mine off eday......it was the cheapest place i could find the king cobra......i think it was around 180 after shipping and it was also one of the only ones that came with the alignment tool so i thot it was a win win situation
nice i think i paid bout the same, using your tranny to align the clutch isnt fun

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
What's eday.com? Is that like a bill gates knock off of ebay but only for car parts?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
when i put my clutch back on i had a t-5 apart and i used the input shaft for my alignment tool...doesnt get any better than that...lol

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
When I look at those pictures it looks like you have a pilot bearing shoved into a throwout bearing...WTF??

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
double post...oops

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think it is the pilot bearing inside the throwout bearing......is this not supposed to be like that.....thats how it came outa the package......this is my first clutch change so fill me in

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
No the pilot bearing goes in the end of the crank, the throwout bearing goes on the clutch fork. You'll understand once you get the bellhousing off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts