Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
if you have time i would truly appreciate it if you could make a video or sound clip of the sound coming for your car. ive heard that its possible my TOB is going and that our cars are a little weird about the sounds they make... Thanks

yeah man for sure. if i can find a camera around my house that will pick up the sound ill post a video when i get off work
awesome. thank you!

Is there proper (1-1/4" to 1-5/8") free play in the pedal?

99.44% of squeals/chirps/rattles/tapping noises/etc., that go away, when you lightly touch the pedal, are caused by the cable being too tight...

video/sound clip???

how do i check the amount of free play?
Press on the clutch pedal with your hand. There should be 1-1/4" to 1-5/8" movement before you feel the throw-out bearing contact, and begin to compress, the pressure plate's spring "fingers" (I.e. actually start throwing out the clutch).

If there is less than 3/4" free play, or the pedal is rock-hard from the start, then the cable is too tight--very often this will make the ToB "sing"...

Great Thread.. I have the same noise (stops when I just touch the clutch).. I read it was very common and not detremential.. but I want it to go away..

I went on to AM and was looking to see if they sell the Ford Racing TOB and I don't even think they sell TOB's.... is a adjustment cable a TOB? Also with the list that I got from reading this thread is a quadrent something you sjhould change along with the pilot bearing and rear main seal?? My car has the same issue as the OP plus my pedal viberates.

Well I found a TOB on latemodelrestoration.com so now worries on that but, if anyone can help about the quadrent that would be awesome!! OHH sorry to thread jack just didn't want to make a new one cause this issue was already being discussed. Thanx

I went on to AM and was looking to see if they sell the Ford Racing TOB and I don't even think they sell TOB's.... is a adjustment cable a TOB? Also with the list that I got from reading this thread is a quadrent something you sjhould change along with the pilot bearing and rear main seal?? My car has the same issue as the OP plus my pedal viberates.
cjponyparts.com

get your TOB from FORD, NOWHERE ELSE!!! dont buy a centerforce bearing, a ram bearing, a spec bearing, etc. GET A STOCK REPLACEMENT!

get your TOB from FORD, NOWHERE ELSE!!! dont buy a centerforce bearing, a ram bearing, a spec bearing, etc. GET A STOCK REPLACEMENT!
cjpony is an authorized Ford Performace Parts dealer, they have the TOB and a complete FRPP Heavy Duty clutch kit also.. If you buy online Fri-Sun generally it's 10% off and free shipping..

**I don't work for them or anything, they are just local and great support*** I shop from AM and others too..

as long as its a stock ford bearing.

ford bearing FTW...its a nie heavy piece. depending on when in '01 your car was built you will have either a t45 or 3650...the t45 is much easier to remove/reinstall due to the bell housing disconnecting from the transmission body...the 3650 can be a pain in the ass lol

Does anyone know of a site that sells Ford TOB for a 2000 V6? I think it's a T-5 transmission (door jamb says "5" under TR and nothing else)
ya:

GoToTheFordDealershipDownTheStreet.com

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.