Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like sometimes i can hear something clack when i press in the clutch... or when im in 5th gear and just let go of the gas and i start decelerating then it will start clacking like the clutch is clacking or something in the tranny. so i wanted to know if it was the throwout bearing? and how do i know when to change the throwout bearing?

car has 45K miles.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I have something kinda like that, but I suspect it to be my driveshaft having a bit of play. Your TOB going out will sound like a cat being raped by squirrels.

·
Registered
253 Posts
my tob is going out( or has gone out) in my 2000, push the clutch in the noise seems to go away, let it out it comes back, its like a squeeking/grinding noise, and it also makes the noise if im not giving it gas at low rpms it seems like, was driving it for a month or so like that, but its parked now for winter

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Sounds like you pepes need The Jazzer's super-duper TO bearing retraction magnet :yes

(can be seen in my T-56 swap thread)

Jazzer.... stickin' to only a few subjects ;)

·
2,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i forget what it is called ...maybe input shaft? My 04 was making the same noise and eventually my tranny starting getting noisy in all gears. Check your tranny fluid to make sure to be safe.

·
2,189 Posts
Ossy,

To check the fluid in your tranny, you should have a fill hole with a plug. Remove the plug, stick your finger in and down into the tranny, and if you feel fluid, you're good, but if you don't, grab some and use that hole to fill it. The fluid should be about 1/2" below the plug hole.

3650s take 3.2 quarts of tranny fluid, for future reference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts