Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LT->o/r h->divorced thrush cat back, all 2.5 piping on a basically stock engine. too much?

also will the drone on this be unbearable?

it looks like the guy that ****ed up my car at his shop is trying to back out for paying for the repairs, so i need an alternative cost effective solution, cuz right now the pony's down.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
LT->o/r h->divorced thrush cat back, all 2.5 piping on a basically stock engine. too much?

also will the drone on this be unbearable?

it looks like the guy that ****ed up my car at his shop is trying to back out for paying for the repairs, so i need an alternative cost effective solution, cuz right now the pony's down.
nope...that'll sound good

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i was thinking is installing headers, then driving to the exhaust shop, having them weld my midpipe in and attaching it to my catback thats already on.

what kind of labor charge should i expect from this?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Post ur vid when you get it installed! Gonna sound amazing

·
Registered
398 Posts
i have very little drone on the highway. the lt's change the loudest part of the rpm range. stock headers is about 2k mine is loudest at 3-3.5k

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
some new gaskets, some teflon tape handy for the egr pipe just in case, and lots of patience. and a helper makes things alot easier. i did mine by myself lying on my back wit car on jack stands.

this is the write-up i used for the install V6 long tubes install

sidenote: u will need extensions for the front O2s and if it is a mac h-pipe possibly the rear too unless u dont have emissions and can delete them. my rears wouldnt reach but i dont have emissions so i just cut the wires and ziptied the plugins to the trans

·
Registered
398 Posts
No cats Mac o/r h pipe. It is kinda quiet at idle :dunno vid is a Droid mounted on the windshield

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't hear about your car getting ****ed up Elias. What happened?
when i went to that detailing place just to talk about **** and get product demos at one point i brought up engine bay cleaning, and he says hey ill do yours, i say why not, then he starts spraying the bay and im like you should cover the connections, alternator and coilpack and he says no "i do this to my whole fleet of fords"

car started rough

car ended up misfiring 1,2,3 and it ran terrible

ended up running the car a lot/hard because i just thought i needed to dry it out or something (this is where i think i damaged my cats)

he bought me new oem motorcraft plugs wires and coilpack?

i installed them and ignition was great but car was still a little sluggish

a few days later a cel comes on, i read it 1 misfire and p0420 cat 1 below threshold or whatever

i clear the codes hoping its some fluke waiting to see if they'll come back (this was another mistake of mine)

car was running kind of weird, then i had my divorced duals done 2.5 piping thrush chambered catback 3.5 tips by a local shop

naturally i ran the car really hard the way home and i was really able to see the problem, car wasn't running normal and then all the symptoms lead to a failed cat or cats

and this guy refuses to pay for the repairs and i don't really know how i can get him to at this point..

so basically its on me and my emission testing expired

extended gist.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
some new gaskets, some teflon tape handy for the egr pipe just in case, and lots of patience. and a helper makes things alot easier. i did mine by myself lying on my back wit car on jack stands.

this is the write-up i used for the install V6 long tubes install

sidenote: u will need extensions for the front O2s and if it is a mac h-pipe possibly the rear too unless u dont have emissions and can delete them. my rears wouldnt reach but i dont have emissions so i just cut the wires and ziptied the plugins to the trans
thanks for the link to the write up, reps. where should i get front o2s extensions

1 - 20 of 40 Posts