Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have 03 GT but i came across an 05 that had thumpr cams and damn that thing sound sick. the guy even said that he didnt lose that much mpg. how do the thumpr cams lope so hard with stock setups and no ptv issues? i read about them on the comp website but it was all technical and blah blah. i guess i need it in lame terms. does anyone have these on their 05+?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. thanx alot man. im just kinda curious about them cuz they sound freakin crazy.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Whats your question exactly. They lope so much becuase of a 109 lsa, a lot of duration/overlap, lift is basically stock at .450 which is what the stock cams lift are on the exhuast side anyway. There is no PTV issues due to the use of VCT limiters. Plenty of cams that hit like that for your car.
That pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Same cams that are in my car

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
silverstang would be your best person to ask;been running them ( at the strip, daily driver, N20 ) since they were released.

Forums at Modded Mustangs - View Profile: silverstang

You foo, aints nobody gots my cams!!! lol

But its pretty much what Rich said, its a combination of a few different attributes these cams have. They are made to sound good. The only real way to explain it is all that technical mumbo jumbo that you don't want to hear.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot for the info fellas. just heard em on a new stang and i was curious.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts