Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals just got this little guy in the mail

any preferences on where to put this bad boy ?

Ive seen most mounted on the discharge tube by the water pump and some down in the driver side bumper for intercooler setups.

cant really decide, any pics would be greatly appreciated as well as any feedback on the BOV itself, i heard its pretty loud lol

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Nope help here since I have the Paxton intercooler. But you are going to love the BOV it is so loud!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Ill see if I can get a video from outside the car of the bov to give you an idea how it sounds.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I like the hot side (pre intercooler)

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
You need to put it half way between the Supercharger and the inlet of the intercooler.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
On3 puts there's on the pipe coming on the outlet (cold side) right after the intercooler.

Sense you have the Logan, and I'm assuming your running intercooler piping from passenger side to cold side instead of the norm, put the bov right before the intercooler

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
The Tial Is very loud Ive been running it for a while now, It seems to turn heads and scare off most ricers without even having to hit the gas. I have ran it right before the intercooler, and I have ran it between the intercooler and the Blower. It works the best if you mount your bung half way between the two. If you get to close to the blower you will get anoying chatter because there is not enough distance between the blower and the BOV to allow for the air to escape efficiently. Trust me on this I have already experimented to the point of insanity.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any tips for routing vaccum line from such location? clean look? my port is directly below the manifold inbetween runners.........where do you guy route yours? also what hose 1/4 (6mm)?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Tial Is very loud Ive been running it for a while now, It seems to turn heads and scare off most ricers without even having to hit the gas. I have ran it right before the intercooler, and I have ran it between the intercooler and the Blower. It works the best if you mount your bung half way between the two. If you get to close to the blower you will get anoying chatter because there is not enough distance between the blower and the BOV to allow for the air to escape efficiently. Trust me on this I have already experimented to the point of insanity.
very informational, mad props for being test mule lol. youve definitely helped make my decision.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I run mine directly off the blower with no issues. I've been making 13psi in this cold weather.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Subbed..

Also interested on how to run the vaccume.. went to hook it up today and couldn't figure it out.

Could I use the port on the Plenum that runs to the passanger side valve cover?

if I were to do that, do I use a T connector??

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I use the big vacuum line coming off the back of the upper plenum. That way I can run vacuum lines up out of the way along the firewall

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I dont, but its not hard. Just get a package of misc T's at autozone or wherever, cut the vacuum line off the back of the plenum, and T off

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
OP, heres a video of my car with the Tial 50mm

1 - 20 of 37 Posts